Bullnose Forums

ELECTRIC DIESEL HYBRID - EDISON MOTORS

Yes, it was the fact that Ray has bought into this in a big way so it was indirectly statements about him.

And who knows for sure that this isn't going to work well? I recognize that changing from mechanical to electric and back to mechanical has losses, but this outfit seems to have information that says their approach works well.

Well, like I said, I didn't get past the video (or even halfway through) so I missed entirety that he would actually want one. :nabble_anim_confused:

I never said a thing about HIM or to him, and I have no reason to temper my assessment, other than to say the person running this scam is not an imbecile. They are a charlatan and deserve to be called out!

When they can avoid the laws of thermodynamics I will retract what I said.

Until then, it's a steaming pile :nabble_poo-23_orig:

Ban me if you like...

Well, like I said, I didn't get past the video (or even halfway through) so I missed entirety that he would actually want one. :nabble_anim_confused:

I never said a thing about HIM or to him, and I have no reason to temper my assessment, other than to say the person running this scam is not an imbecile. They are a charlatan and deserve to be called out!

When they can avoid the laws of thermodynamics I will retract what I said.

Until then, it's a steaming pile :nabble_poo-23_orig:

Ban me if you like...

I'm not wanting to ban you. All I ask is that you temper your responses a bit and understand the situation before posting.

I'm not wanting to ban you. All I ask is that you temper your responses a bit and understand the situation before posting.

I appreciate that. :nabble_smiley_good:

I definitely should carefully assess the ENTIRE battlefield before taking up arms against what I feel (and can prove) is a company looking to profit off uninformed individuals.

Collateral damage is something to be avoided at most costs.

At the same time. I don't want to see this great forum, which is seen as being "The best place for Ford truck information on the web", becoming a billboard for thieves.

I broach no quarter with people like that.

Y

I'm not sure what the point is, even before the ridiculous inefficiencies, converting diesel to electricity, and electricity back into motion.

THEN, you have to include that you have both an engine AND an electrical system to maintain.

With a diesel-electric loco you're doing it because you can optimize the diesel to run at one speed and you need the insane torque of electric motors to shift loaded freight trains.

This epitomizes the WORST of both.

I don't know what idiot came up with this crackhead idea, but I suspect their IQ is less than their age.

You Sir are one sad man. Negative much? Passive aggresion is a sign of insecurity. You ARE the reason I mostly stay off Gary's website. You are constantly judging and condemning others. Everytime I get on here you make some snarky remark about what I or someone else are doing.

I bet I could fine 100 things in your life that make no sense, and claim you have no brain cells either. But I don't, because I'm not a low self esteem miserable old man.

Good buy. I don't even give a !@#$ anymore.

Hey Ray, wanna let you know that I appreciate your post.

And I appreciate Jim too, our generous (but sometimes grumpy) bear.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Maybe I won’t jump in this upgrade train, but I like when some adventurous members get others informed about solutions coming on, that could help us (or our descendants) to keep our trucks on the road.

Can’t predict what tomorrow will bring, but maybe our grand kids won’t have other choice than to make some serious transformation to our Bullnoses, if they want to ride them in the future.

So, please stay here and keep us informed about your hybrid/diesel journey!

:nabble_smiley_good:

Honestly, I appreciate your comment. Thats how a comment should be made, respectfully.

Anyway, the POINT of doing this is the torque. Running a diesel at optimum rpm is the most efficient way to run the engine. Yes there are losses, but regenerative braking is included, which helps some. The point isn't to get the best fuel mileage, especially in a pickup.

This setup works INCREDIBLY well for large industrial applications, and yes, it is more cost effective. There is a lot fewer moving parts, and that means less maintenance, less down time, and thus everything gets more cost efficient for the operator. Not to mention the reduction in operator stress from a machine that barely makes any noise while operating. The drilling rigs are operating completely off batteries part of the time....imagine being able to hear your rigging creaking and popping, instead of a diesel motor constantly running.

For a pickup truck, it might make less sense, but this is AMERICA, where if we want to put 8,800ftlb of torque @ 1rpm in a 3/4 ton truck, we can, and we do, and we will because it's awesome. MURICA!

I drive this truck once or twice a week. I engineer from home. So I don't need to drive it daily. About 25% of the time I am towing a trailer. The 7.3 idi in the hilly part of KY I live in is lacking power. Its pathetic actually. The gear vendors helps a lot, and honestly only makes it just bearable on the two very steep hills on both sides of me. Yeah I can turbo charge, but thats lame compared to 4000-8800 lbft torque. I mean, what do you want, a .22LR or a Bradley Tank? Uh...duh. I don't care if it makes sense or not!

I don't need it....but I want it.

The founders of Edison Motors aren't idiots, they are actually very successful businessmen with a Canadian/American entrepreneurial spirit, lots of experience in the blue collar truck driving world, fabrication etc. In the least, they aren't armchair internet trolls that use forums for an ego validating echo chamber like a lot of so called experts I see online.

They've looked at the Tesla truck, and said its ridiculous and over engineered, and made their own electric truck using existing parts, and brought it to market 10X faster than Old Elon has. And it works!! I'd say that's pretty SMART!!

DEBOSS GARAGE has officially partnered with them, and all their official installation franchises are SOLD OUT.

Anyway...maybe I'll update this thread as I go along, I don't know. I used to think I belonged here, but just about every time I get back on I get a certain someone nay-saying and poo-pooing my opinions so they can get a moment of self satisfaction through bullying. So, I'll probably just disappear again, because I have better things to do than to argue with a troll about anything.

edison_map.jpg.50980dcad50d3562204030e6b0621f70.jpg

rodney.jpg.af1763e6201a2ef2d064b69c8e7588d9.jpg

Honestly, I appreciate your comment. Thats how a comment should be made, respectfully.

Anyway, the POINT of doing this is the torque. Running a diesel at optimum rpm is the most efficient way to run the engine. Yes there are losses, but regenerative braking is included, which helps some. The point isn't to get the best fuel mileage, especially in a pickup.

This setup works INCREDIBLY well for large industrial applications, and yes, it is more cost effective. There is a lot fewer moving parts, and that means less maintenance, less down time, and thus everything gets more cost efficient for the operator. Not to mention the reduction in operator stress from a machine that barely makes any noise while operating. The drilling rigs are operating completely off batteries part of the time....imagine being able to hear your rigging creaking and popping, instead of a diesel motor constantly running.

For a pickup truck, it might make less sense, but this is AMERICA, where if we want to put 8,800ftlb of torque @ 1rpm in a 3/4 ton truck, we can, and we do, and we will because it's awesome. MURICA!

I drive this truck once or twice a week. I engineer from home. So I don't need to drive it daily. About 25% of the time I am towing a trailer. The 7.3 idi in the hilly part of KY I live in is lacking power. Its pathetic actually. The gear vendors helps a lot, and honestly only makes it just bearable on the two very steep hills on both sides of me. Yeah I can turbo charge, but thats lame compared to 4000-8800 lbft torque. I mean, what do you want, a .22LR or a Bradley Tank? Uh...duh. I don't care if it makes sense or not!

The founders of Edison Motors aren't idiots, they are actually very successful businessmen with a Canadian/American entrepreneurial spirit, lots of experience in the blue collar truck driving world, fabrication etc. In the least, they aren't armchair internet trolls that use forums for an ego validating echo chamber like a lot of so called experts I see online.

They've looked at the Tesla truck, and said its ridiculous and over engineered, and made their own electric truck using existing parts, and brought it to market 10X faster than Old Elon has. And it works!! I'd say that's pretty SMART!!

DEBOSS GARAGE has officially partnered with them, and all their official installation franchises are SOLD OUT.

Anyway...maybe I'll update this thread as I go along, I don't know. I used to think I belonged here, but just about every time I get back on I get a certain someone nay-saying and poo-pooing my opinions so they can get a moment of self satisfaction through bullying. So, I'll probably just disappear again, because I have better things to do than to argue with a troll about anything.

I'll say again that we have all agreed to support people, not be nay-sayers. I hope we can all abide by that.

And I hope you will continue to update this thread, Ray. I am interested to see how this goes.

I had an 88 7.3 like you, but with the ZF5.

And I had turbo envy!

Anyway...maybe I'll update this thread as I go along, I don't know

Nah, you have to feed this thread man.

You cannot simply drop a techno subject, titillate our curiosity and vanish in the dark.

But I also understand that this operation is not going to happen soon, we’re talking months, if not years.

Please just don’t forget to keep your thread up to date, when some new things will come!

I had an 88 7.3 like you, but with the ZF5.

And I had turbo envy!

I did some tuning on it the other day. Advance the time just a biscuit hair, and turned up the fuel 1 flat. Doesn't blow black under partial throttle, and just barely a tiny bit under full throttle. Seems to have given a few extra ponies around 2000-2700rpm.

The gearvendor really helps splitting those gears.

Anyway...maybe I'll update this thread as I go along, I don't know

Nah, you have to feed this thread man.

You cannot simply drop a techno subject, titillate our curiosity and vanish in the dark.

But I also understand that this operation is not going to happen soon, we’re talking months, if not years.

Please just don’t forget to keep your thread up to date, when some new things will come!

I'll try. I'm not retired, still doing 40-50 hours. Still raising kids. Homesteading too. Large garden, and raising 75 chickens at the moment. Not to mention, we take in foster kids for respite care now. Also got 2 f150s to restore for the boys. 1 brick and 1 bull.

I can post Deboss garages updates. They are the guys partnering with Edison Motors to develop the kits, so they are tackling full kits for later model fleet trucks first. Then they'll start on the older classic trucks.

I tried contacting them to see if I could help design any of the kit, but no response yet. I'm sure they have a lot of people asking the same question.