Bullnose Forums

460 Straight up Timing Chain upgrade

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The VREST is providing hysteresis..

Yes its interesting that it holds the highest vacuum level observed at the input, a simple decoupling capacitors would filter out AC and pass DC nominal value from the input waveform but here this device is passing the nominal vacuum signal + fluctuations = peak vacuum signal. My electrical knowledge is below-par for someone trained in electrical engg. since I have only worked with polymers, epoxies, metals, Solder alloys the past 15+ years so take what I say with a grain of salt :nabble_smiley_blush:

Yes its interesting that it holds the highest vacuum level observed at the input, a simple decoupling capacitors would filter out AC and pass DC nominal value from the input waveform but here this device is passing the nominal vacuum signal + fluctuations = peak vacuum signal. My electrical knowledge is below-par for someone trained in electrical engg. since I have only worked with polymers, epoxies, metals, Solder alloys the past 15+ years so take what I say with a grain of salt :nabble_smiley_blush:

Ohhhh Reallllllly! 🤯

My father was director of engineering at Perkin-Elmer when they were grinding lenses for certain 'satellites' and started a company 'Cast Optics' because the lenses were too heavy to loft back in the early '60's.

He was also into optics as a hobby, stemming from his interests in photography as a kid.

He hung out with Edmund Land.

He developed the technique to cast thick acrylic sections without boiling or needing to be annealed.

I can smell hydroquinone a mile off! 😂

When I was born he was working at a government contractor 'Barnes Engineering'

grinding beryllium mirrors for the first infrared detecting 'early warning' satellites at the peak of the cold war.

Should I continue to regale you with stories from my childhood? 🤔

Ohhhh Reallllllly! 🤯

My father was director of engineering at Perkin-Elmer when they were grinding lenses for certain 'satellites' and started a company 'Cast Optics' because the lenses were too heavy to loft back in the early '60's.

He was also into optics as a hobby, stemming from his interests in photography as a kid.

He hung out with Edmund Land.

He developed the technique to cast thick acrylic sections without boiling or needing to be annealed.

I can smell hydroquinone a mile off! 😂

When I was born he was working at a government contractor 'Barnes Engineering'

grinding beryllium mirrors for the first infrared detecting 'early warning' satellites at the peak of the cold war.

Should I continue to regale you with stories from my childhood? 🤔

Yes I love stories! If Gary sets up a bullnose meet it would be a great opportunity to meet everyone!

Yes I love stories! If Gary sets up a bullnose meet it would be a great opportunity to meet everyone!

We should have a BBS or chatroom just for geeks.

My sister and I are looking at doing a podcast of all the outrageous things we've been through as autodidactic freaks and trauma survivors.

Gary has a Bullnose meet in September in Skiatook. That's too far for many to come, although Jeff did from Quebec last year and some did from Australia and New Zealand a few years ago.

Anyway, Gary might attend if someone else sets up another meet.

Gary has a Bullnose meet in September in Skiatook. That's too far for many to come, although Jeff did from Quebec last year and some did from Australia and New Zealand a few years ago.

Not to put pressure on you Gary, but you are the namesake of this website and “head” so to speak so would have the highest chance of attracting participants for a meet. If it’s this September 2024 I’ll probably be able to come up to OK.

Not to put pressure on you Gary, but you are the namesake of this website and “head” so to speak so would have the highest chance of attracting participants for a meet. If it’s this September 2024 I’ll probably be able to come up to OK.

Go up to 'forum & website discussions' suggest a Discord channel.

We also have a suggestion for Carlisle or Harrisburg PA.