Bullnose Forums

Should We Move To A New Forum Platform?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes, there's info on the browser, but even better info on mobile vs desktop, screen size, etc. But all of this is on the whole site, inc the forum, not just the one page. Haven't found that yet.

The mobile/desktop split is very different from what I found in another report. And given the granularity I tend to believe this one more than the other.

But I need to move out to the shop and work on the console for a bit, then head to the church building to install security cameras. Maybe late afternoon to poke around more on this. But I think the time might be better spent trying to make that page more mobile-friendly than figuring out if mobile users aren't using it. So maybe I should just see what I can do?

I'm not sending you hunting.

I thought the rabbit hole was right there in front of you...

Be careful up on ladders. 😉

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sending you hunting.

I thought the rabbit hole was right there in front of you...

Be careful up on ladders. 😉

Thanks for the reminder. Trust me, I am CAREFUL on ladders - now. :nabble_smiley_blush:

As for rabbit holes, you've caused me to take a look at the makeup of the users, and despite the way things are laid out 2/3 of our users are on mobile devices. So I need to start catering to them.

And the library is an excellent place to start. I'll see what I can come up with and bounce it off of you, and others, to see if it works. But later....

Thanks for the reminder. Trust me, I am CAREFUL on ladders - now. :nabble_smiley_blush:

As for rabbit holes, you've caused me to take a look at the makeup of the users, and despite the way things are laid out 2/3 of our users are on mobile devices. So I need to start catering to them.

And the library is an excellent place to start. I'll see what I can come up with and bounce it off of you, and others, to see if it works. But later....

Jim & Jeff, plus any others that have mobile devices they use here, please take a look at the Test Page For Tables. I've reduced the width to just the Bullnose years and added a suggestion to look at it in landscape mode. It works fine on my iPhone 10 Pro Max, but it has a larger screen than Jeff's Mini so I don't know that it'll work there.

And don't get hung up on the glitches like that the columns aren't the same width or that there's a "value" showing below Bronco Miles Ahead.

Also, don't miss that there's an entry at the very bottom of the table.

Jim & Jeff, plus any others that have mobile devices they use here, please take a look at the Test Page For Tables. I've reduced the width to just the Bullnose years and added a suggestion to look at it in landscape mode. It works fine on my iPhone 10 Pro Max, but it has a larger screen than Jeff's Mini so I don't know that it'll work there.

And don't get hung up on the glitches like that the columns aren't the same width or that there's a "value" showing below Bronco Miles Ahead.

It works, but my phone won't screenshot in landscape

On a tablet the added "test section for tables" takes up valuable vertical screen space.

Makes it almost impossible to use if I'm trying to type a reply in landscape..

Not quite as bad as the edit window, but really bad nonetheless

On a tablet the added "test section for tables" takes up valuable vertical screen space.

Makes it almost impossible to use if I'm trying to type a reply in landscape..

Not quite as bad as the edit window, but really bad nonetheless

You mean the text in the menu, right? Obviously that goes away when we decide what to do about tables, but in the interim I've hidden it under Truck Shows. Does that work?

But the table itself seems to work well?

You mean the text in the menu, right? Obviously that goes away when we decide what to do about tables, but in the interim I've hidden it under Truck Shows. Does that work?

But the table itself seems to work well?

On a tablet in landscape it floated below the bullnose logo, and brought the whole 'shade' down to about 1/3 of the screen.

With the keyboard taking up the bottom half, it was like a viewing slit in a pillbox and the function buttons and emojis were impossible...

I can see about 10 lines now, and that's enough, if I keep my reply short. (or just go stream of consciousness like I did early this morning)

On a tablet in landscape it floated below the bullnose logo, and brought the whole 'shade' down to about 1/3 of the screen.

With the keyboard taking up the bottom half, it was like a viewing slit in a pillbox and the function buttons and emojis were impossible...

I can see about 10 lines now, and that's enough, if I keep my reply short. (or just go stream of consciousness like I did early this morning)

Ok, remind me to remove that when the time comes.

But the table approach is good?

There seems to be enough width, on my phone, in landscape.

If that's what you're asking

Yes, but the actual question is if you would use it if I filled out the whole table and took both the pdf and Excel off the library page?

Or, maybe I should ask if you think other mobile users would? I know some do as I've directed them there from Facebook and they have found what they were looking for. So would the new table be a good improvement?