Bullnose Forums

Should We Move To A New Forum Platform?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff - I'm watching the video, and am about half way through, but will have to pick it up a bit later. However, it is good. Thanks.

As for the files, yes all of the files I've shared can be edited in the background by me and the results are immediately available. That includes Excel, Word, and pdf's. And I do edit hyperlinks with my pdf software, w/o problems. That software is Foxit, and it is a lot less expensive than Adobe.

Ok, clear for me thanks.

Now, about your question:

But my pdf software puts a line under the text that you have to click on instead of being able to click on the text itself. Might I be able to use Word?

So, Foxit doesn't create a "hyperlink transparent box" over the text? Instead it creates a line we have to click on?

Strange. Acrobat and PDF Expert do a clickable "box" over the text.

And Foxit user manual seems to indicate the same, they talk about a hyperlink «area»:

Capture_dcran_le_2024-02-23__18.jpg.72bae0b398eab59c0b4dff6da5b1fada.jpg

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, clear for me thanks.

Now, about your question:

But my pdf software puts a line under the text that you have to click on instead of being able to click on the text itself. Might I be able to use Word?

So, Foxit doesn't create a "hyperlink transparent box" over the text? Instead it creates a line we have to click on?

Strange. Acrobat and PDF Expert do a clickable "box" over the text.

And Foxit user manual seems to indicate the same, they talk about a hyperlink «area»:

Actually, you've reminded me that I did figure out how to make the box. You can see that on our page at Documentation/Specifications/Certification Label. Initially Foxit was placing a line under the text and you had to click on the line. But with a bit of reading I found that you can put a box around it and then click anywhere in the box to get the link.

But, as you'll see, it looks different than the "other way". It works but doesn't look as nice.

Actually, you've reminded me that I did figure out how to make the box. You can see that on our page at Documentation/Specifications/Certification Label. Initially Foxit was placing a line under the text and you had to click on the line. But with a bit of reading I found that you can put a box around it and then click anywhere in the box to get the link.

But, as you'll see, it looks different than the "other way". It works but doesn't look as nice.

Yeah... No

Screenshot_20240224-064347.thumb.png.e2b3b4600c9e21f6e886992a4d38d396.png

Yeah... No

I think the problem is that I'm trying to squeeze too much into that table. This is a Bullnose site so if we were to limit the years to 80 - 86 on that table then it might work. Or, maybe there is now a better table plug-in for Weebly?

I'll have a play with it and see if I can figure out something that works for mobile devices. In the interim I'm going to just use Jeff's pdf and take away the Excel file from the "production" page.

To my thinking that page is one of the main draws of this place and it really needs to be usable with mobile devices.

I think the problem is that I'm trying to squeeze too much into that table. This is a Bullnose site so if we were to limit the years to 80 - 86 on that table then it might work. Or, maybe there is now a better table plug-in for Weebly?

I'll have a play with it and see if I can figure out something that works for mobile devices. In the interim I'm going to just use Jeff's pdf and take away the Excel file from the "production" page.

To my thinking that page is one of the main draws of this place and it really needs to be usable with mobile devices.

I can't say if it's a draw.

I've NEVER been able to view it.

Do you have page hit metrics, Gary?

I can't say if it's a draw.

I've NEVER been able to view it.

Do you have page hit metrics, Gary?

Yes, if I did deep enough I'm sure I have page-hit metrics. Let me do some poking around as they might show the split of mobile vs desktop users to be different than the rest of the site. :nabble_anim_working:

Yes, if I did deep enough I'm sure I have page-hit metrics. Let me do some poking around as they might show the split of mobile vs desktop users to be different than the rest of the site. :nabble_anim_working:

788 hits to Manuals & Literature or 1.75% of the 44,911 visits to the site in the last 28 days. (20,617 to the forum itself in that time.) But I haven't figured out how to have it tell me the breakdown between mobile and desktop users on a by-page basis.

I'll keep poking around - later.

788 hits to Manuals & Literature or 1.75% of the 44,911 visits to the site in the last 28 days. (20,617 to the forum itself in that time.) But I haven't figured out how to have it tell me the breakdown between mobile and desktop users on a by-page basis.

I'll keep poking around - later.

There's no field for what browser was used?

Safari could be either, but Chrome is more than likely a mobile device.

Bing or edge is going to be a laptop or desktop computer

Yes, there's info on the browser, but even better info on mobile vs desktop, screen size, etc. But all of this is on the whole site, inc the forum, not just the one page. Haven't found that yet.

The mobile/desktop split is very different from what I found in another report. And given the granularity I tend to believe this one more than the other.

But I need to move out to the shop and work on the console for a bit, then head to the church building to install security cameras. Maybe late afternoon to poke around more on this. But I think the time might be better spent trying to make that page more mobile-friendly than figuring out if mobile users aren't using it. So maybe I should just see what I can do?

Stats_By_Device__Browser.thumb.jpg.6b4db922d59d7e315fb52482547f0e0f.jpg