Bullnose Forums

Should We Move To A New Forum Platform?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPhone 13 Pro. My criteria, it needs to fit in the breast pocket of my coveralls in it's Otterbox case for when I go junkyard prowling.

I remember when the original Samsung Note was considered a Phablet!

I like mine at 6" or just above.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff - Which platform are you talking about regarding the avatar?

phpBB

6kb… it’s almost nothing.

And the platform doesn’t offer to shrink a picture to fit it.

So, I’ll need my desktop computer to create one. Cannot be made on my iPhone. Even a screen capture, cropped to a minimal surface, is much bigger than that.

phpBB

6kb… it’s almost nothing.

And the platform doesn’t offer to shrink a picture to fit it.

So, I’ll need my desktop computer to create one. Cannot be made on my iPhone. Even a screen capture, cropped to a minimal surface, is much bigger than that.

Thanks, Jeff. How was the avatar process on InVision?

Thanks, Jeff. How was the avatar process on InVision?

Very smooth.

I am back home. Gave a try to Photoshop.

In order to create a 6kb picture, the image has to not exceed 2 pixels x 2 pixels. There is something wrong with phpBB maximum avatar size...

:nabble_anim_confused:

Just for fun, this is Big Brother 20 pixels x 20 pixels 15kb. So, imagine a 6kb picture...

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Capture_dcran_le_2024-03-25__19.jpg.187269880ff674447e24e582c451e922.jpg

Nabble's one is 130kb:Big_Brother-User_Image.jpg.efb9544ec6d91a40e9d51183c7b6fa66.jpg

Very smooth.

I am back home. Gave a try to Photoshop.

In order to create a 6kb picture, the image has to not exceed 2 pixels x 2 pixels. There is something wrong with phpBB maximum avatar size...

:nabble_anim_confused:

Just for fun, this is Big Brother 20 pixels x 20 pixels 15kb. So, imagine a 6kb picture...

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Nabble's one is 130kb:

Jeff - Before we hang phpBB let me see if I can up that size... :nabble_anim_working:

Jeff - Before we hang phpBB let me see if I can up that size... :nabble_anim_working:

Jeff - There is now no file size limit on the avatar and a 180 x 180 pixel limit. But you tell me what you think the pixel sizing should be?

Jeff - There is now no file size limit on the avatar and a 180 x 180 pixel limit. But you tell me what you think the pixel sizing should be?

It seems to be enough. Anyway, the avatar is really small on the thread.

At least, seen on my phone:

IMG_9616.jpeg.6de0ddaea5fc15af90274f5b77429b5c.jpeg

I was able to upload the picture from my iPhone without trouble.

:nabble_smiley_good:

It seems to be enough. Anyway, the avatar is really small on the thread.

At least, seen on my phone:

I was able to upload the picture from my iPhone without trouble.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, good. We can adjust parameters as we find them, so just let me know what issues you find as I may be able to fix them. That way we can make a better comparison.