Bullnose Forums

Should We Move To A New Forum Platform?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not worried about it. We need to figure out how to redirect people to the embedded version or they will be lost w/o the menu. We already know that InVision works as a forum platform so while I want people to test so we don't have surprises down the road, I'm confident that they are going to find that it works.

So I'm happy to be the guinea pig to test "redirects" as you come up with them. And I'm ever so thankful that you are doing it. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Ok, so there is no benefit with this new platform, for picture posting directly from an iPhone: An upside down orientation has to be manually fixed from the iPhone, the platform does not automatically rotate an image.

:nabble_smiley_sad:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so there is no benefit with this new platform, for picture posting directly from an iPhone: An upside down orientation has to be manually fixed from the iPhone, the platform does not automatically rotate an image.

:nabble_smiley_sad:

I had exactly the opposite experience. I turned my iphone upside down on purpose and took a picture then posted it and it came right-side up.

I don't understand what the difference is, but we need to figure it out.

Larry, could you sign up for the new forum and do some testing? Please? Why doesn't Jeff's pic post correctly when mine do?

And I'll do more testing tomorrow as well.

I had exactly the opposite experience. I turned my iphone upside down on purpose and took a picture then posted it and it came right-side up.

Larry, could you sign up for the new forum and do some testing? Please? Why doesn't Jeff's pic post correctly when mine do?

Oh, and just before going bed, I didn’t figured if any signature is possible, in the user settings.

Ciao, see you tomorrow!

Done. It resizes everything and strips the metadata in the process :nabble_poo-23_orig:. See my post using one of the metadata test images I used earlier in this thread.

Done. It resizes everything and strips the metadata in the process :nabble_poo-23_orig:. See my post using one of the metadata test images I used earlier in this thread.

I’m thinking about a possible reason for these upside down pictures.

Maybe it depends from what OS they are posted from?

Do Non Windows systems (iOS, Android, Mac) have different behaviors, when posting to a Windows OS based forum?

I’m thinking about a possible reason for these upside down pictures.

Maybe it depends from what OS they are posted from?

Do Non Windows systems (iOS, Android, Mac) have different behaviors, when posting to a Windows OS based forum?

In fact, there are two ways to avoid the upside down pictures:

1- Pay attention to hold the iPhone with the volume buttons downside.

2- Force the Exif to be understood by Windows, with a software or following Jeff’s iPhone “Edit-Rotate Pict” trick.

In fact, there are two ways to avoid the upside down pictures:

1- Pay attention to hold the iPhone with the volume buttons downside.

2- Force the Exif to be understood by Windows, with a software or following Jeff’s iPhone “Edit-Rotate Pict” trick.

For those not following along on the new test forum...

I found the setting below and changed it to Unlimited. Then I tried three different sets of pictures taken from my iPhone 15 with various settings. One set had the pics at 2.5 Mb, another at 4 Mb, and another at about 8 Mb each. I started each set in portrait mode with the button down and progressed by rotating 90 degrees clockwise with each shot.

Well, bummer! I just tried to get a "permalink" to the specific comment where all this testing starts, and can't figure out how to do that on InVision. And to top that off, the URL on the embedded version doesn't show the thread much less the comment #. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Maximum_Image_Dimensions.thumb.jpg.3b311d28db3af65363967888b7f36106.jpg

I just tried to get a "permalink" to the specific comment where all this testing starts, and can't figure out how to do that on InVision.

Gary, did you finally find how to permalink? I did.

Example from here to there.

Well done, Jeff! No, I hadn't found that!

Chris is working in the background, which explains the New New Bullnose Test Forum in the menu. I think that's what he asked for.