Bullnose Forums

Should We Move To A New Forum Platform?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks, Chris.

Bill - I've emailed you the new password for InVision.

Ok, I was able to get on and post on InVision, including a picture. Not difficult at all. On phpBB, until the registration issue is fixed, unless I want to post in British English old chap, I will pass.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem as Bill on the phpbb. When you’re signing up it kicks you out when you choose your language.

I tried the invision and uploading a pic is a lot easier then nabbel on an iPhone.

Bummer on the language bit. I hope that the change Chris made sorts that, at least for now.

And yes, I agree that the picture loading is much easier than Nabble. Have you tried it on phpBB?

I have not tried it yet. I’ll try signing up again.

Ok, I was able to get on and post on InVision, including a picture. Not difficult at all. On phpBB, until the registration issue is fixed, unless I want to post in British English old chap, I will pass.

Bill - You did post on phpBB, and apparently the pic loaded easily? How did the pic loading on there compare with that on InVision?

Bill - You did post on phpBB, and apparently the pic loaded easily? How did the pic loading on there compare with that on InVision?

About the same, on both you can drag the picture over and then post it. Not difficult at all. I don't know about rotating as both were in the orientation I wanted (maybe the first one could have been, but the bulldozer blade blocked seeing the front of the engine).

I did a post on phpbb and it wasn’t to bad. I’m still liking invision a little more because it’s a lot faster and more phone friendly. Phpbb it takes a little slower to load for me and I constantly have to zoom out on my phone. Thats all I’ve ran into so far. Other than that they’re both pretty good.

How did the pic loading on there compare with that on InVision?

Easier on Nabble.

phpBB preview doesn’t allow to see the final result. Have to post to see the pict (I am testing from my iPhone).

Same with signature. Preview doesn’t show it.

Same with text formatting: Preview shows the codes instead of results.

I am wondering what Preview enables to pre-view before posting, is it limited to the core text only?

:nabble_anim_confused:

How did the pic loading on there compare with that on InVision?

Easier on Nabble.

phpBB preview doesn’t allow to see the final result. Have to post to see the pict (I am testing from my iPhone).

Same with signature. Preview doesn’t show it.

Same with text formatting: Preview shows the codes instead of results.

I am wondering what Preview enables to pre-view before posting, is it limited to the core text only?

:nabble_anim_confused:

Jeff - Interesting observations.

I'll do some testing today and see what I find.

Jeff - Interesting observations.

I'll do some testing today and see what I find.

Since I do not use my phone for this (I am not a big fan of trying to read an 8.75" diagonal screen), I will let those of you who enjoy squinting at a small screen do so.

Since I do not use my phone for this (I am not a big fan of trying to read an 8.75" diagonal screen), I will let those of you who enjoy squinting at a small screen do so.

8.75"!!!!

Wow, what kind of phone do you have?

I don't have much choice how I consume and interact with this forum.

I do my best, and just accept that I'm not going to be bothered to do things like rotate photos or ever wait for one of Gary's charts to load.

8.75"!!!!

Wow, what kind of phone do you have?

I don't have much choice how I consume and interact with this forum.

I do my best, and just accept that I'm not going to be bothered to do things like rotate photos or ever wait for one of Gary's charts to load.

iPhone 13 Pro. My criteria, it needs to fit in the breast pocket of my coveralls in it's Otterbox case for when I go junkyard prowling.