Bullnose Forums

Should We Move To A New Forum Platform?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That's Chris/ckuske playing with how we can keep people from logging onto the direct site. We don't want them going there because if they do they won't have the menus that get them to the documentation. And since it looks identical to getting there via the webpage they will be confused.

So he is trying to figure out how to keep them from going there.

LOL!

This operation is successful. So much that there won't be a lot of members long staying in this so welcoming community.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

This operation is successful. So much that there won't be a lot of members long staying in this so welcoming community.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

Scroll up and click on New Bullnose Test Forum. That's where we want you to go.

Scroll up and click on New Bullnose Test Forum. That's where we want you to go.

OK.

But once in the forum, any button I click gives me this message:

Capture_dcran_le_2024-03-07__20.jpg.71ac16968418487752e4d046c5a5ddd5.jpg

I'll give some time to Chris and will comme back later. Anyway, it's dinner time now.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

OK.

But once in the forum, any button I click gives me this message:

I'll give some time to Chris and will comme back later. Anyway, it's dinner time now.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. Kinda offputting, right? I've told Chris about it.

You guys need to get on board with the developer humor. Sheesh. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Yes, it was certainly funny when I first saw it: :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

But when it popped up when I was trying to post: :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Still, having done a bit of coding myself, I see the humor in it even when this time it bites me. And I also see the huge possibilities it represents.

Yes, it was certainly funny when I first saw it: :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

But when it popped up when I was trying to post: :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Still, having done a bit of coding myself, I see the humor in it even when this time it bites me. And I also see the huge possibilities it represents.

Bugs can be justified as “gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet”..

Seriously though, I’ll try to figure out a decent way to have a “test mode” for this functionality that only people that know about it can activate for now.

Bugs can be justified as “gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet”..

Seriously though, I’ll try to figure out a decent way to have a “test mode” for this functionality that only people that know about it can activate for now.

Not worried about it. We need to figure out how to redirect people to the embedded version or they will be lost w/o the menu. We already know that InVision works as a forum platform so while I want people to test so we don't have surprises down the road, I'm confident that they are going to find that it works.

So I'm happy to be the guinea pig to test "redirects" as you come up with them. And I'm ever so thankful that you are doing it. :nabble_anim_handshake: