Bullnose Forums

Should We Move To A New Forum Platform?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yep, I am too enthusiastic, I type my questions simultaneously with Gary’s instructions… So I look like a guy who doesn’t read.

So I’ll calm myself.

First, I had to modify my password in the “real” forum, cause the “test” one doesn’t accept it (too weak). I was stuck at the password step.

Now it looks happy with my new strongest password, but I am now stuck in buckle on the verification step. Can’t go through.

Funny!

I did have to create a stronger password, but I certainly didn't have any Captcha.

I would have noped right out if I saw that.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny!

I did have to create a stronger password, but I certainly didn't have any Captcha.

I would have noped right out if I saw that.

Well, I’m even stuck on the “Contact us” page.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

IMG_9879.thumb.jpeg.a8b3167be6cb1587f6b31f347cf74876.jpeg

Well, I’m even stuck on the “Contact us” page.

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Jim - I see you made it in.

Jeff - I created a new member for you and you should have an email through which you can create a p/w and get in.

I just did also.

Bill - Did you have any problems getting in? What were the steps?

And, now that you are in how 'bout posting? Try to include a picture. See what the options are for fancy editing. Add a Youtube. Just see if you like it.

Bill - Did you have any problems getting in? What were the steps?

And, now that you are in how 'bout posting? Try to include a picture. See what the options are for fancy editing. Add a Youtube. Just see if you like it.

And now you can log in to the forum via the New Bullnose Test Forum menu item at the top of the page. But you can still get to the forum outside of the website, which we don't want because you won't have the menu to allow you to get to the documentation.

So we are working on resolving that issue. Meanwhile please test!

Jeff - I created a new member for you and you should have an email through which you can create a p/w and get in.

Wow, I finally was able to get in! But what a journey!

Gary, I never received such email. So I tried to create an account using different settings (screen name, passwords, email address).

I finally was able to create "BigBro2", received the confirmation email, and it was done.

Once inside, I tried to log in with "BigBrother-84", but since I didn't know the default p/w, I wasn't.

So I clicked "forgot my password", I received an email, I entered a new p/w, and done!

Can you delete BigBro2? Or should I keep this second account just in case, for testing purposes?

Wow, I finally was able to get in! But what a journey!

Gary, I never received such email. So I tried to create an account using different settings (screen name, passwords, email address).

I finally was able to create "BigBro2", received the confirmation email, and it was done.

Once inside, I tried to log in with "BigBrother-84", but since I didn't know the default p/w, I wasn't.

So I clicked "forgot my password", I received an email, I entered a new p/w, and done!

Can you delete BigBro2? Or should I keep this second account just in case, for testing purposes?

Jeff - Sorry you had such a problem. :nabble_smiley_oh:

But I'm glad you got in, finally. And you didn't know the password because I didn't set one. You were supposed to get an email allowing you to set one. Obviously I don't know why you didn't get one. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But I did delete BigBro2. And I see that you tried to establish BigBro but the system says you canceled it.

Now that you are in PLEASE test the system. Try posting pics. Put your Youtube up. Check out the editing abilities.

Now that you are in PLEASE test the system. Try posting pics. Put your Youtube up. Check out the editing abilities.

You bet, I'm gonna have fun and warm up the engine!

First impression... The welcoming is a bit cold.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I get this message here and there, when playing in my account settings:

Capture_dcran_le_2024-03-07__19.jpg.5d8315ab7347876996da9adabfed315d.jpg

And sometimes it just says «Go away!».

Ok ok... I won't insist.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

EDIT:

• When I click "close", it kicks me out and I just get a blank page. Have to refresh to get back.

• Even if I just try to sing out, I get this message.

You bet, I'm gonna have fun and warm up the engine!

First impression... The welcoming is a bit cold.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I get this message here and there, when playing in my account settings:

And sometimes it just says «Go away!».

Ok ok... I won't insist.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

EDIT:

• When I click "close", it kicks me out and I just get a blank page. Have to refresh to get back.

• Even if I just try to sing out, I get this message.

That's Chris/ckuske playing with how we can keep people from logging onto the direct site. We don't want them going there because if they do they won't have the menus that get them to the documentation. And since it looks identical to getting there via the webpage they will be confused.

So he is trying to figure out how to keep them from going there.