Bullnose Forums

Best degreaser??

Do you know Hot Lap tire dressing? (from the discussion about Life Savers)

You can use Swab concrete cleaner (from Gunk) to get greasy things like frames spotless!

Without any petroleum hitting the dirt.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n147518/SW4_R1.jpg

I have heard of the dressing but never used it.

When I was part of a street stock pit crew racing at Waterford Speedway I dont think they even used it.

If they did it was kept from me and the rest of the crew and we had 2 cars so I would think someone would have slipped at some point LOL

Is the Gunk a powder? You wet the floor, spread the powder and scrub it in and rinse it off?

If so I have used that before, school or buddies shop?

Dave ----

Yep, it's a powder that will clean oil right out of concrete.

To use this way, wet the chassis, sprinkle a little on and scrub with whatever kind of brush.

Then rinse....

Yep, it's a powder that will clean oil right out of concrete.

To use this way, wet the chassis, sprinkle a little on and scrub with whatever kind of brush.

Then rinse....

Many thanks for all the feedback.

I should have been clearer that I didn't plan to necessarily use the product in the pressure washer, but use the washer to help blast away.

I might turn this into a bit of a test myself. Use one product on one side of the frame and then a different one on the other side.

Now all I need is some decent weather to get at it.

Do you know Hot Lap tire dressing? (from the discussion about Life Savers)

You can use Swab concrete cleaner (from Gunk) to get greasy things like frames spotless!

Without any petroleum hitting the dirt.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n147518/SW4_R1.jpg

I have heard of the dressing but never used it.

When I was part of a street stock pit crew racing at Waterford Speedway I dont think they even used it.

If they did it was kept from me and the rest of the crew and we had 2 cars so I would think someone would have slipped at some point LOL

Is the Gunk a powder? You wet the floor, spread the powder and scrub it in and rinse it off?

If so I have used that before, school or buddies shop?

Dave ----

We used to call it Tang because of it's colour and texture before it dissolved. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Also in the handy baby powder bottle size for $7. 😉

https://www.myautovaluestore.com/gunk/swab-powdered-concrete-cleaner-gun-sw2

For grease and grime, my go-to is Brake Cleaner...the stuff with a strong spray, and I think mostly these days non-chlorinated. Buy the cheaper stuff when it's on sale. Around here, that's about $5/can these days. Used to get it for around $2.99 pre-Covid. For regular cleaner/degreaser, my go to is Spray-9, but it's a bit expensive. I have tried Simple Green, or something "green" from Home Depot and didn't like it personally, but I may have used it wrong.

If I had a whole bunch of degreasing to do, I think I'd use what Jim suggested...diesel. It works the very best if you can deal with the mess/smell/disposal/etc.

For grease and grime, my go-to is Brake Cleaner...the stuff with a strong spray, and I think mostly these days non-chlorinated. Buy the cheaper stuff when it's on sale. Around here, that's about $5/can these days. Used to get it for around $2.99 pre-Covid. For regular cleaner/degreaser, my go to is Spray-9, but it's a bit expensive. I have tried Simple Green, or something "green" from Home Depot and didn't like it personally, but I may have used it wrong.

If I had a whole bunch of degreasing to do, I think I'd use what Jim suggested...diesel. It works the very best if you can deal with the mess/smell/disposal/etc.

Good morning from CT Cory! :nabble_waving_orig:

We're talking about a frame and TC here, so no small job!

Even by the case, brake clean is $.

I just went through 4 cans.....on a chainsaw! 🤯

Good morning from CT Cory! :nabble_waving_orig:

We're talking about a frame and TC here, so no small job!

Even by the case, brake clean is $.

I just went through 4 cans.....on a chainsaw! 🤯

Ha! Well then, I messed up...I thought we were talking about cleaning up a transfer case or something. Doh.

In the frame, especially around the trans and xfer case, I have decades of buildup of grease and grime.

Anyone have a tried and true degreaser product?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

It is supposed to be a great weather weekend coming up.

I plan to soak one side of the frame with Simple Green industrial cleaner/degreaser and the other with diesel. I'll let them soak in for a while and then use the pressure washer.

Let y'all know how it goes. Thanks for all the input.