Bullnose Forums

Rock Sliders For Big Blue?

Just in case I decide to make rock sliders for Big Blue, I want to remember this approach to bending rectangular tubing.

Currently I have steps made out of round tubing held to the mounts with 3/4" bolts that engage a piece of steel welded to the inside of the tubing. Instead I'd consider making step/sliders out of rectangular tubing with 90 degree bends at each and welded to the mounts.

Then there'd be another piece of tubing welded inside the U that the step makes to act as a slider.

This is fabrication 201.:nabble_anim_confused:

I'm not really sure that you would ever need to go there Gary, but Bob might.

Bob has sliders on his Bronco, but has said I won't need them on Big Blue. However, I'd run across that method of "bending" rectangular tubing so wanted to preserve it. My thinking isn't to do it before we go, but if I mangle a step bar then maybe I'll want to do it when we get back.

Bob has sliders on his Bronco, but has said I won't need them on Big Blue. However, I'd run across that method of "bending" rectangular tubing so wanted to preserve it. My thinking isn't to do it before we go, but if I mangle a step bar then maybe I'll want to do it when we get back.

Maybe if you're feeling the urge, you should do something about the swing gate? 🤔

Maybe if you're feeling the urge, you should do something about the swing gate? 🤔

I would love to do that. So I need to hit WelderScott up to see what parts he's acquired. He was going to pick up bits and pieces instead of buying large sections.