Bullnose Forums

Odd Ammeter Movement

Raywilson

I have found no true remedy for this. the filler hose goes horizontal between the bed and frame at best. if the truck has mis fit or poorly fitted parts it just gets worse. the bullnose filler assemblies are different from the 87-97 series and if those get used, they will not fit right at all.

So the smart thing is to carry a 4x10 to park on when getting gas. Most gas stations tarmacs are pretty flat these days

So the smart thing is to carry a 4x10 to park on when getting gas. Most gas stations tarmacs are pretty flat these days

The smartEST thing to do, would probably be switch over to '87 up filler necks and tubes.

They fill down the middle and vent in the circumference.... 💡

The smartEST thing to do, would probably be switch over to '87 up filler necks and tubes.

They fill down the middle and vent in the circumference.... 💡

I have considered this also but the top hat flange where the filler tube mounts to the bed side is square to the tube on the bull, yet the next generation is not. it's a whole new fitment issue. and with the plastic overflow box on the bull, being twisted into "out of shape" is not going to be good for an already old and fragile part. 87 and newer are steel and welded to the bedside at the odd angle.

I have considered this also but the top hat flange where the filler tube mounts to the bed side is square to the tube on the bull, yet the next generation is not. it's a whole new fitment issue. and with the plastic overflow box on the bull, being twisted into "out of shape" is not going to be good for an already old and fragile part. 87 and newer are steel and welded to the bedside at the odd angle.

I wouldn't say "at an odd angle".

IMG_20240215_092748_MP.jpg.b2264dfb679b1f65b64fe8467ccb51c1.jpg

They're right where they need to be, to keep from having these fill problems.

A few members have "glued" the later fill boxes behind the door, inside the bed.