Bullnose Forums

What have I gotten myself into? 🤣

What are your goals for the truck? (Ok, NVM...:nabble_smiley_blush:)

Headers that fit inside the frame rails, and clear 4x4 are rare and expensive in my experience.

It has Hedman headers now, but they're just as worn as everything else. Trying to decide if I change them now or later.

I'll ask my better half once she is sleeping and see if she says no. 😄

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are your goals for the truck? (Ok, NVM...:nabble_smiley_blush:)

Headers that fit inside the frame rails, and clear 4x4 are rare and expensive in my experience.

From what you've said you want to do with the truck I'd say forget the headers. Good headers that don't leak and need retightened frequently are expensive. I have L&L's, which do have a nice thick flange, but had to notch the fame to make them fit.

From what you've said you want to do with the truck I'd say forget the headers. Good headers that don't leak and need retightened frequently are expensive. I have L&L's, which do have a nice thick flange, but had to notch the fame to make them fit.

I love using headers and usually do but I also do custom exhaust all the way out. I have not used long tubes on a truck for years simply due to fitment issues and 4wd makes that even harder. I use short headers as a compromise and route the driver side under to the passenger side just as ford does. only not into a y pipe normally. I do have one that is twin primaries from the headers as 2 1/2 going into a y to a single 3" all the way out. ford does this to avoid all driveline issues and front fuel tank and it's very hard to do better. all that said, it is really unnecessary for the masses. how the truck will be used normally is most important and for most the manifold is not only good enough but often better when you consider heat, noise, and repeated bad gaskets. good headers are not cheap and cheap headers are not good

It has Hedman headers now, but they're just as worn as everything else. Trying to decide if I change them now or later.

I'll ask my better half once she is sleeping and see if she says no. 😄

To show that I am a caring and benevolent guy...I had my youngest son under the truck. He asked for a headrest....so I gave him a 4x4 piece of wood. I am so giving it hurts. 🤣

20240213_175536.jpg.ae0bed0aea9fc3201c97805e2329b5b3.jpg