Bullnose Forums

What have I gotten myself into? 🤣

Hello all. Thank you for so much great information!!

A couple years ago I got roped into buying a 1985 F150 from my son. He bought it thinking that it would be a fun project. Two weeks later he sold it to me. 🤣

I have been busy as there is nothing about this truck that doesn't need work!

The day I first saw it...oh my...what a fancy paint job, done with house paint and a roller

imagejpeg_0(6).jpg.9fcda62a582cc11d41832b7837aa51d6.jpg

I started at the rear and rebuilt everything that was wearable. I'll have to grab some better pictures

20200825_175038.jpg.505c9e2bf3064ffeb0ba7e4470b9469e.jpg

20201011_154446.jpg.bbe6a29e5c59a67110ac869a199bb4e4.jpg

Next was ripping out the interior to get rid of a smell worse than death

20220719_165524.jpg.dda77a2225fe3d828edf1711c03c7c01.jpg

Now I am putting fresh power in it along with rebuilding the front end.

20240120_140023.jpg.4f3d12183815b710ed1cfacdac7491c5.jpg

20240210_102011.jpg.23628d20cec058832c89c6a966259a87.jpg

I'll have to get better pictures to show the work going into this thing.

Can't wait to get it back alive.

I need to find a bed...or possibly build a flatbed.

Thanks again for all the great information!!

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That looks like quite the project, but it will be very rewarding when it is done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice shop. You really need a lot of room to take things like that apart. Been there, done that.

So, where's home> We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or zip.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That looks like quite the project, but it will be very rewarding when it is done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice shop. You really need a lot of room to take things like that apart. Been there, done that.

So, where's home> We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or zip.

Home is Gaylord, Michigan.

The heated shop is an absolute necessity during the winters to get out of the house. Summer will come with a lift for the shop. That will make it near perfect.

Thanks again, all.

Home is Gaylord, Michigan.

The heated shop is an absolute necessity during the winters to get out of the house. Summer will come with a lift for the shop. That will make it near perfect.

Thanks again, all.

Yes, I can well imagine the need for a heater. Spent a bit of time in Traverse City and Mackinac Island a couple of years ago and understand it gets COLD and WET up there. I guess you are a Yooper?

Anyway, you are on the map.

I got roped into buying a 1985 F150 from my son. He bought it thinking that it would be a fun project. Two weeks later he sold it to me. 🤣

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n146738/20220719_165524.jpg

If you really want to torture somebody stuff a tuna fish sandwich way up into the springs under their seat, or put a raw shrimp into each of their hubcaps!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, I can well imagine the need for a heater. Spent a bit of time in Traverse City and Mackinac Island a couple of years ago and understand it gets COLD and WET up there. I guess you are a Yooper?

Anyway, you are on the map.

Not a yooper...an hour south of the UP. Cold enough here, no need to go further north 😄

I got roped into buying a 1985 F150 from my son. He bought it thinking that it would be a fun project. Two weeks later he sold it to me. 🤣

If you really want to torture somebody stuff a tuna fish sandwich way up into the springs under their seat, or put a raw shrimp into each of their hubcaps!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hard to see in that picture, but I had a fan blowing through the cab for days while sprayed it with bleach and anything else that I thought might help. Gagged just now thinking about it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I read recently about a "lady" that was in a divorce and lost the house. So as her last act she stuffed shrimp in the curtain rods. No one could figure out where the smell was and she bought the house back for a song.

So yes, stuffing things like that in remote places, like a headliner or seat causes all sorts of problems.