Bullnose Forums

C-322 - Duraspark II distributor connector

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well documented, Jeff! :nabble_anim_claps:

Jeff's DS-II connectors have black wires but someone needs to point out the detail that the stock wiring switches red & white wires at the power plug!

This is important, because otherwise the spark will go away when you let the key off Start.

Jeff's DS-II connectors have black wires but someone needs to point out the detail that the stock wiring switches red & white wires at the power plug!

This is important, because otherwise the spark will go away when you let the key off Start.

Good point, Jim. I'll try to remember that, but doubt I will so please remind me if I forget.

You might want to rotate it 180°. 🙃

Confusing bit of info on the red and white wires that I encountered recently. My 78 Bronco's EVTM calls for white to white and red to red, and I wired it just that way. But later had to cut and reverse as most Duraspark 2 boxes you can buy today want Red to be the only one energized while running, White is only for timing retard while cranking.

I still don't understand why the 1979 EVTM calls for white-white and red-red

C66788A5-873D-44C3-8D9A-A4DEE54DDCC7.jpeg.6aaa06890c6600c9da2d2896074fa724.jpeg

Confusing bit of info on the red and white wires that I encountered recently. My 78 Bronco's EVTM calls for white to white and red to red, and I wired it just that way. But later had to cut and reverse as most Duraspark 2 boxes you can buy today want Red to be the only one energized while running, White is only for timing retard while cranking.

The evtm is wrong, obviously

Are they calling for a blue grommet module in 1979?

I mean, they definitely had them....