Bullnose Forums

C-322 - Duraspark II distributor connector

Just added a pic. That is the only possible explanation that the EVTM is wrong.

Gary has exposed a number of failures in the factory documentation.

At least on bullnose trucks,

It wouldn't surprise me that they made mistakes on the previous generation as well

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they calling for a blue grommet module in 1979?

I mean, they definitely had them....

I am not sure what kind of module they are calling for.. but anything you can buy today for a 78-79 is the same part number as a Bullnose module. So I didn't want to chance it.

I did double check my ignition key. White gets power in Run, Red gets power only during crank so White-Red and Red-White would be the working combination.

I am not sure what kind of module they are calling for.. but anything you can buy today for a 78-79 is the same part number as a Bullnose module. So I didn't want to chance it.

I did double check my ignition key. White gets power in Run, Red gets power only during crank so White-Red and Red-White would be the working combination.

:nabble_smiley_good:

I still don't understand why the 1979 EVTM calls for white-white and red-red

Personally, I just don’t understand the motivation of the genius guy who decided to reverse these wires colors.

Completely counter-intuitive.

Thanks to Gary, I learned that Big Brother was “normal”.

I still don't understand why the 1979 EVTM calls for white-white and red-red

Personally, I just don’t understand the motivation of the genius guy who decided to reverse these wires colors.

Completely counter-intuitive.

Thanks to Gary, I learned that Big Brother was “normal”.

I imagine their engineering drawings were different between the Motorcraft module factory and whoever they subbed the harness to.

There was no CAD to revise all the different paper in different engineering divisions, so probably 'electronics' had a dyslexic drawing and after "stuff" was into production it was deemed best to 'just roll with it'