Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Bucket Seats

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need to climb in the back, just get to the charger by the inverter, right? :nabble_anim_confused:

Exactly, Jim.

If you can tilt the seatback you are there. But the passenger's seatback doesn't tilt if you put the bolt in it, as you should. So then you need to slide it forward to get access to the charger ports. And since it is on slides that works fairly well.

Didn't go to the shop today but hope to tomorrow and will put the real driver's seat on the driver's side and vice versa and see how that works. Still have to figure out what the best approach is, how to limit the sliding, how to, or if, to tilt the back, etc.

Exactly, Jim.

If you can tilt the seatback you are there. But the passenger's seatback doesn't tilt if you put the bolt in it, as you should. So then you need to slide it forward to get access to the charger ports. And since it is on slides that works fairly well.

Didn't go to the shop today but hope to tomorrow and will put the real driver's seat on the driver's side and vice versa and see how that works. Still have to figure out what the best approach is, how to limit the sliding, how to, or if, to tilt the back, etc.

I -kinda sorta- know the '95ish Bronco seats, but haven't pulled apart one of these.

Too bad you hadn't figured it out before you got them reupholstered. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I -kinda sorta- know the '95ish Bronco seats, but haven't pulled apart one of these.

Too bad you hadn't figured it out before you got them reupholstered. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Not sure I understand, Jim. I'm happy with the seats, just need to tweak the installation. So, what am I missing?

Not sure I understand, Jim. I'm happy with the seats, just need to tweak the installation. So, what am I missing?

The passenger side seat on a 78-86 bronco, if I recall correctly, will lift up all the way from the base and then does a swivel-tilt. Don't remember if it also does a tilt-only.