Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Bucket Seats

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOTS! I'll take pics and measurements tomorrow, but I think both have about 5" of travel.

Got the console painted today and plan to line the inside with felt tomorrow. Maybe get it installed on Sunday?

And, by the way, you are looking at the side that had 5 holes in it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Console_Painted.thumb.jpg.6f67101cc0a29e366596332a61357220.jpg

As for travel, there's 16" from the front of the seat to the dash with the seat fully back, 11 1/2" with the seat's track run forward, and 6" with the platform's track run fully forward. So there is a full 10" of movement. And here's a shot with everything fully forward showing the access to the storage unit - but don't forget that the seatback also tilts.

Full_Forward.jpg.6eecb77ed70c90ca92f3e19a693e4af2.jpg

Got the console painted today and plan to line the inside with felt tomorrow. Maybe get it installed on Sunday?

And, by the way, you are looking at the side that had 5 holes in it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for travel, there's 16" from the front of the seat to the dash with the seat fully back, 11 1/2" with the seat's track run forward, and 6" with the platform's track run fully forward. So there is a full 10" of movement. And here's a shot with everything fully forward showing the access to the storage unit - but don't forget that the seatback also tilts.

I love that setup. the way either can access the cargo without disturbing the other and still have the main track for added access. good job.

I love that setup. the way either can access the cargo without disturbing the other and still have the main track for added access. good job.

Thanks, it works nicely. And it is easy to do as it just uses the legs off of a bench seat.

Wow! The upholstery looks really good, nice job!

:nabble_love-23x23_orig:

Wow! The upholstery looks really good, nice job!

:nabble_love-23x23_orig:

Thanks, Jeff. Once I get the console in I'm hoping Janey and I can take it for a spin and try out the seats. Mine is in just like the red one was, but I took a wedge out of hers that had it angled back, and she may not like that. So we need to try it out locally before we head to western OK.

Thanks, it works nicely. And it is easy to do as it just uses the legs off of a bench seat.

I have made bucket bases before and just got a second pr of tracks from a junk bench frame because I like the seating height off the floor. often, I'm building a custom console if I'm doing the sport truck style, most common for me. but I'm loving driving the farm truck lately. haha.