Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Bucket Seats

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, David. We will educate those youngsters yet. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Today Janey and I took Big Blue on a ~200 mile trip to test the seats. They work nicely. They aren't as comfortable as the captain's chairs, but that might be due to being new and the captain's chairs having been used for quite a few hours.

In any event, they are comfortable enough to set in for several hours at a time, so we are happy. But we think we are sitting upright more than the captain's chairs so I may pull the 3/4" spacers out of the rear of the platform legs and see if that helps.

Today Janey and I took Big Blue on a ~200 mile trip to test the seats. They work nicely. They aren't as comfortable as the captain's chairs, but that might be due to being new and the captain's chairs having been used for quite a few hours.

In any event, they are comfortable enough to set in for several hours at a time, so we are happy. But we think we are sitting upright more than the captain's chairs so I may pull the 3/4" spacers out of the rear of the platform legs and see if that helps.

Watch out to not exaggerate with seats angle.

Clouds are pretty but you still need to look a bit at the road.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

IMG_2396-670x380.jpg.af2780b2a0986e249346786f2981b613.jpg

Watch out to not exaggerate with seats angle.

Clouds are pretty but you still need to look a bit at the road.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I don't see (:nabble_smiley_evil:) that being a problem, Jeff. Maybe on a Crew Cab, but on this regular cab I couldn't fit horizontally between the back glass and the steering wheel. So I'll just rotate it a smidgen. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Just a thought/idea. Would it be possible to make an adjustable spacer of some kind which provides various seat angles. Sort of like a camber/caster nut.

Just a thought/idea. Would it be possible to make an adjustable spacer of some kind which provides various seat angles. Sort of like a camber/caster nut.

It would be possible, but not necessary. There's only maybe 1" at max of movement before things get in a bind. I'm at 3/4" now and wouldn't want to go up for these seats as they already feel like they are very vertical at the back. So I'm thinking I'll take the shim out and see how they feel. Easy to do, and easy to put back.

It would be possible, but not necessary. There's only maybe 1" at max of movement before things get in a bind. I'm at 3/4" now and wouldn't want to go up for these seats as they already feel like they are very vertical at the back. So I'm thinking I'll take the shim out and see how they feel. Easy to do, and easy to put back.

3/4" might be just enough to feel right

3/4" might be just enough to feel right

The don't feel "wrong", but more vertical than the captain's chairs. I know my head is higher because I had to adjust the driver's outside mirror up yesterday. And the rim of the steering wheel blocks the high beam indicator when it didn't before - quite. On the other hand, the view of the gauges below the instrument panel is now better than before.

So I'll pull the spacer out and see what happens.

The don't feel "wrong", but more vertical than the captain's chairs. I know my head is higher because I had to adjust the driver's outside mirror up yesterday. And the rim of the steering wheel blocks the high beam indicator when it didn't before - quite. On the other hand, the view of the gauges below the instrument panel is now better than before.

So I'll pull the spacer out and see what happens.

let's see if you end up putting back 1/4"worth of fender washers.