Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Bucket Seats

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"progress" is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Some of it did come together today. I got legs to the seat platform and the platform itself installed. I think it turned out a bit better with the rusty bits painted.

Legs_Painted__Installed.thumb.jpg.f90ab52619687838e52ca84c1802e44c.jpg

And I got the adjusting arms prepared and dipped. The prep included drilling and media-blasting the end of the arms with the rest protected by a plastic bag. Can't tell how solid the "knobs" will feel until tomorrow as the Plasti Dip has to set up, but there are about 6 coats on both of them and I'll bet they are much more comfortable to grab now.

Plus the SEM paint came in this afternoon so I hope to paint the console as well as line it with felt tomorrow.

Adjusting_Arms_Ready_For_Plasti_Dip.jpg.78f99ebf1f115f406a3b3f59b4516b8f.jpgAdjusting_Arms_Dipped.jpg.14a3c9824ca631ccb091dbfcc2f7967b.jpg

Some of it did come together today. I got legs to the seat platform and the platform itself installed. I think it turned out a bit better with the rusty bits painted.

And I got the adjusting arms prepared and dipped. The prep included drilling and media-blasting the end of the arms with the rest protected by a plastic bag. Can't tell how solid the "knobs" will feel until tomorrow as the Plasti Dip has to set up, but there are about 6 coats on both of them and I'll bet they are much more comfortable to grab now.

Plus the SEM paint came in this afternoon so I hope to paint the console as well as line it with felt tomorrow.

Progress is Good!!!. :nabble_smiley_good:

WOW! Nice job!

And I love the knobs result!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Got the seat bolted in today, but there's still a lot of work to do in order to get them the way I want them. Anyway, here they are bolted in:

For instance, the "latch" for the driver's seat, which I installed on the passenger's side, hits inverter. And I've come to realize that with the tab on the passenger's seat I can't change the angle of the seatback very much as there's not much room to slot it. Given that I think I'll put the driver's seat on the driver's side and vice versa and lock down the passenger's seatback. And I'm going to have to figure out how to put stops in so the passenger's seat isn't slammed back into the inverter. But I think I'll be able to do that by placing a bolt in the track at just the right spot.

Here are the two latches side by side:

Great looking seats Gary