Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Bucket Seats

It might fit the passenger's side given the shape. But I don't think it would the driver's side as it is flat.

Ok Gary, I got it. They are different style…

There is the « folded up » style:

And the « flat » style:

And they all use a retainer clip.

Didn’t find any NOS or used on the web, so a custom made knob is probably a good solution.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks for the leg work, Jeff. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the leg work, Jeff. :nabble_smiley_good:

Got a couple of cans of Regatta Blue ordered this morning from Vinyl Pro. Should be in on Thursday. Boy are those people good to deal with.

And then I got the holes in the console filled. The G-Flex is setting up right now, but here are a couple of pics.

The pic on the left is the console after hitting the area around the holes with a propane torch. You'll see a whitish color outside of that area, and that is what the console looks like after scrubbing with a gray scrub pad and Dawn soap. But the flame brought the color back.

And the pic on the right is with the holes filled - and after I used my fingers to smear a few of the tiny "hairs" of glue that were outside the holes. In most cases the epoxy is domed slightly above the level of the console so I can cut it back a bit after it sets.

Console_Holes_After_Flame.jpg.7732ac0eb0fd8d7d8c8705c95757318b.jpgConsole_Holes_After_Filling.thumb.jpg.334eb5ca123516f842d239ce1cb44a52.jpg

Got a couple of cans of Regatta Blue ordered this morning from Vinyl Pro. Should be in on Thursday. Boy are those people good to deal with.

And then I got the holes in the console filled. The G-Flex is setting up right now, but here are a couple of pics.

The pic on the left is the console after hitting the area around the holes with a propane torch. You'll see a whitish color outside of that area, and that is what the console looks like after scrubbing with a gray scrub pad and Dawn soap. But the flame brought the color back.

And the pic on the right is with the holes filled - and after I used my fingers to smear a few of the tiny "hairs" of glue that were outside the holes. In most cases the epoxy is domed slightly above the level of the console so I can cut it back a bit after it sets.

I used some ancient G-Flex the other day to glue some stainless flange nuts into my nephews broken spoiler

IMG_20240219_124209_MP.jpg.e24706b1a2f411537ebf252d85b5318a.jpg

IMG_20240219_124217_MP.jpg.ea93774863c9bf49c1adb27d50e6d031.jpg

Hope it holds for him, and I'll bet it will. So far I've had excellent luck with it. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm pretty sure.

I glued a piece of the bottom of a pop can over a crack.

This stuff is tenacious, and even when it's so old it discolours, it's still plenty strong.

If anything I'd be concerned about my prep of the stainless, but I got after them with a stone in my Foredom. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm pretty sure.

I glued a piece of the bottom of a pop can over a crack.

This stuff is tenacious, and even when it's so old it discolours, it's still plenty strong.

If anything I'd be concerned about my prep of the stainless, but I got after them with a stone in my Foredom. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Sounds like you prep'd it well. I'll bet it holds.

The glue is setting up nicely in the console's holes, and I'm hoping to spend some time tomorrow smoothing things out. But I'm not going to prepare the console until I get the paint as I want everything to be squeaky clean. Maybe I can do that Thursday?

And the Plasti Dip is to be in Wednesday so maybe I can spend some time painting the slides tomorrow to be ready to dip them.

Sounds like you prep'd it well. I'll bet it holds.

The glue is setting up nicely in the console's holes, and I'm hoping to spend some time tomorrow smoothing things out. But I'm not going to prepare the console until I get the paint as I want everything to be squeaky clean. Maybe I can do that Thursday?

And the Plasti Dip is to be in Wednesday so maybe I can spend some time painting the slides tomorrow to be ready to dip them.

Trimmed the epoxy and then scrubbed the area with Dawn & then SEM Soap. I think this will work.

Now it is time to address the tracks...

Console_Holes_Filled__Smoothed.thumb.jpg.8801d7bd6c2c54214e71985a796b6174.jpg

Trimmed the epoxy and then scrubbed the area with Dawn & then SEM Soap. I think this will work.

Now it is time to address the tracks...

Got the bench seat legs painted today, and picked up the Plasti Dip. May get to put the legs on the platform tomorrow and dip the seat track handles tomorrow.

Tracks_Painted.thumb.jpg.6f56302e8b0a7411af1c0e497375c417.jpg