Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Bucket Seats

I only had a 2 gallon 110V water heater in there, and there's no room for anything larger. It is just for cleaning things that might need hot water to do a better job, so I'm going to do without it for a while and see how badly I need it.

You don't need scalding to wash your hands.

It's $100 for an under sink 120v unit..... 🙄

https://www.amazon.com/Tankless-Electric-Instant-Kitchen-Bathroom/dp/B0BRPW4XVQ/ref=asc_df_B0BRPW4XVQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=647310506369&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14447962510708189669&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1014778&hvtargid=pla-2161092483832&psc=1&mcid=df080040b4533bd9802284420e249e78

I'll have to check to see what size the breaker is, but that one says "plug current: 27-32A". So it would have to at least be on a 30A circuit and I don't think the wire is that big. Obviously something I'll have to check - after I drink this cup of Verona and a cup of French. Gotta get my motor running and head out on the sidewalk.

I'll have to check to see what size the breaker is, but that one says "plug current: 27-32A". So it would have to at least be on a 30A circuit and I don't think the wire is that big. Obviously something I'll have to check - after I drink this cup of Verona and a cup of French. Gotta get my motor running and head out on the sidewalk.

A few feet of orange wire isn't gonna break you.

Or, you could get a 240 one @15A

A few feet of orange wire isn't gonna break you.

Or, you could get a 240 one @15A

The breaker box is about 60' away, but the run goes through the insulated ceiling and down an outside, therefore insulated, wall. So I don't want to rewire when this has been working fine for 15 years. That little tank has had all the hot water I needed.

The breaker box is about 60' away, but the run goes through the insulated ceiling and down an outside, therefore insulated, wall. So I don't want to rewire when this has been working fine for 15 years. That little tank has had all the hot water I needed.

The breaker is a 20A unit, so I'm quite limited on what I can put in. The label below is off that heater, which shows that it is a GE model GE06P06SAG, and it measures 16" in diameter and 15 1/2" high, which is obviously as high as it can go. And the 2KW means it can pull 17A @ 120V, so that 20A circuit is adequate. But it also limits what can go back.

Water_Heater_Label.jpg.044ae668758bd20915a779fa9bced7b7.jpg

And here's what the setup looks like:

Water_Heater.jpg.7b8f232f736c6c989ae977e1371ef9d7.jpg

The breaker is a 20A unit, so I'm quite limited on what I can put in. The label below is off that heater, which shows that it is a GE model GE06P06SAG, and it measures 16" in diameter and 15 1/2" high, which is obviously as high as it can go. And the 2KW means it can pull 17A @ 120V, so that 20A circuit is adequate. But it also limits what can go back.

And here's what the setup looks like:

And now back to our regularly-scheduled program. The platform and seats are installed, with pics to prove it happened down below, and it is time to start preparing the console for paint.

But I have a question for y'all. The slide handles for the seats don't have "knobs" on them. The DS one is 1/2" wide and the flat is about 1" long, but the PS one is folded into a U. You can see this in the last two pics. I'd like to put something on them that looks a bit more finished than nada, so do you have any suggestions? I could pull the PS one and flatten it to make it take the same knob as the DS if needed.

Painted_Platform_Installed.thumb.jpg.176e758a3b2d6c32613b8cc711eb1aa7.jpg

Seats_Installed_On_Painted_Base.thumb.jpg.db5df9ef8753ebc976c22036fd1fb115.jpg

Rear_Leg_Bolt__Spacer.thumb.jpg.be9ee6903307157407036cca5e431482.jpg

DS_Seat_Slide_Lever.jpg.7f5488632e94c7ebf550112e1b418c79.jpgPS_Seat_Slide_Lever.jpg.a360f1e8fb52ab0f122bc67127a9adbf.jpg

And now back to our regularly-scheduled program. The platform and seats are installed, with pics to prove it happened down below, and it is time to start preparing the console for paint.

But I have a question for y'all. The slide handles for the seats don't have "knobs" on them. The DS one is 1/2" wide and the flat is about 1" long, but the PS one is folded into a U. You can see this in the last two pics. I'd like to put something on them that looks a bit more finished than nada, so do you have any suggestions? I could pull the PS one and flatten it to make it take the same knob as the DS if needed.

You know..... Plastidip was made for this very purpose! 💡

You know..... Plastidip was made for this very purpose! 💡

Wow what a difference painting has done !!

Is that same as the Flex Seal dip ? I used it to do cowl seals based on an old post here, and it worked wonderfully. Flex seal / Plasti dip is the way to go !! Maybe 2-3 dips should do it.

Wow what a difference painting has done !!

Is that same as the Flex Seal dip ? I used it to do cowl seals based on an old post here, and it worked wonderfully. Flex seal / Plasti dip is the way to go !! Maybe 2-3 dips should do it.

Vivek - Glad you like the outcome. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - Hadn't thought about Plasti Dip. In fact, I've never used it. I thought it was just a dip, but when I looked it up on Amazon I now see that there are spray cans of it. Wouldn't the dip be the way to go?

I can get some of the dip and pull the seat tracks off to dip them - maybe dip them a couple of times. The indentions on the driver's lever will help hold it on, but I wonder about drilling a hole in both levers so the dip can flow through and give it more grip?

Vivek - Glad you like the outcome. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - Hadn't thought about Plasti Dip. In fact, I've never used it. I thought it was just a dip, but when I looked it up on Amazon I now see that there are spray cans of it. Wouldn't the dip be the way to go?

I can get some of the dip and pull the seat tracks off to dip them - maybe dip them a couple of times. The indentions on the driver's lever will help hold it on, but I wonder about drilling a hole in both levers so the dip can flow through and give it more grip?

You don't want to spray, peel off garbage the kids put on their wheels these days.

Get the dip in the can, just dip the lever.

This is what we use for pliers and the like.

Maybe do it twice.

Prep like you were going to primer it.

Sandblast, texture, whatever...