Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Bucket Seats

Powder coating! (If it's worth doing, it's worth OVER doing! 😆)

Well, I didn't powder coat those, just used the self-etching primer and the satin black since they were handy. But plenty of parts on both trucks have been powder coated. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I didn't powder coat those, just used the self-etching primer and the satin black since they were handy. But plenty of parts on both trucks have been powder coated. :nabble_smiley_wink:

It wasn't an observation.

It was a suggestion, I know that you'll be back to better call those things! :nabble_anim_blbl:

How hard is your water there in skiatook?

If it's bad you're going to be descaling that thing every 3 months

Water isn't too hard. Have used this ~2 gallon tank-type water heater for 15 years but it finally gave up the ghost. Not sure I'll go electrical tankless as they sure look pricey. Will get along w/o hot water for a while as I figure it out.

Water isn't too hard. Have used this ~2 gallon tank-type water heater for 15 years but it finally gave up the ghost. Not sure I'll go electrical tankless as they sure look pricey. Will get along w/o hot water for a while as I figure it out.

I've "camped" in places with no hot water for extended periods.

You have to be careful of the microbes when you're not allowed to build a fire.

Potassium permanganate is your friend in the jungle, but don't over do it or you'll look like you were eating beets.

(I don't understand how some of those idiots survived :nabble_anim_confused:)

Potassium permanganate is your friend in the jungle.

My daughter and her husband are hikers. She has a SteriPen for multiple years.

We used it for a two weeks canoe river trip, in deep woods, was very useful.

We just offered one as Christmas gift to one of my sons.

And I plan to buy one for my own uses.

IMG_9599.jpeg.11da8ec89c661e83f39bfc1cceebffb9.jpeg

Potassium permanganate is your friend in the jungle.

My daughter and her husband are hikers. She has a SteriPen for multiple years.

We used it for a two weeks canoe river trip, in deep woods, was very useful.

We just offered one as Christmas gift to one of my sons.

And I plan to buy one for my own uses.

Tell me how well that works for hydrating an entire insertion team, on the run. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Tell me how well that works for hydrating an entire insertion team, on the run. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Well, we were 6 adults and sterilized 6 water bottles, twice a day.

It takes 90 seconds and some swirling to purify one liter of water.

Maybe not an insertion team, but we never missed fresh clean sterilized water. I’ll never go back to pills and powder.

Well, we were 6 adults and sterilized 6 water bottles, twice a day.

It takes 90 seconds and some swirling to purify one liter of water.

Maybe not an insertion team, but we never missed fresh clean sterilized water. I’ll never go back to pills and powder.

Well, the '80's were 40 year older technology, and when you're on the move you need to fill the platypus and get the heck out of there....

Lifestraw works well enough for what it is.

Exactly what"survival" means depends on the situation.

I'm sure that you are looking into all of the specs on the water heater options. a typical 50 gal has an electrical requirement of 30a 240v and most homes are wired that way. yet a comparable tankless on demand requires three times that. additional wiring is needed. this is when I would comp it against a natural gas option if available. the ones I have installed seem to work much better in the response time, but it has been a few years so improvements may have been made.

I'm sure that you are looking into all of the specs on the water heater options. a typical 50 gal has an electrical requirement of 30a 240v and most homes are wired that way. yet a comparable tankless on demand requires three times that. additional wiring is needed. this is when I would comp it against a natural gas option if available. the ones I have installed seem to work much better in the response time, but it has been a few years so improvements may have been made.

I only had a 2 gallon 110V water heater in there, and there's no room for anything larger. It is just for cleaning things that might need hot water to do a better job, so I'm going to do without it for a while and see how badly I need it.