Bullnose Forums

FL1A mystery

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Mann-Hummel is just a conglomerate. Did the Purolator 30001 series ever have a "fluted" end, as opposed to flats?

Mann+Hummel have been making filtration products for longer than you can imagine.

I don't know anything about arcane Purolator filters.

They were never seen when I grew up back in the '70's-'80's

I pumped gas on the graveyard shift during high school.

The garage had Fram, Wix and Delco on the shelf.

Mann+Hummel have been making filtration products for longer than you can imagine.

I don't know anything about arcane Purolator filters.

They were never seen when I grew up back in the '70's-'80's

I pumped gas on the graveyard shift during high school.

The garage had Fram, Wix and Delco on the shelf.

I found the cause of the screeching vibrato. nothing to do with the oil filter. I started the engine this morning and it was screeching. so, I left it running. reached around to the filter to see if I could feel a frequency vibration. nothing at the oil filter but I bumped a plug wire and it was buzzing. so, I touched dist cap and it was like a heavy impedance transformer. dist body ... buzzing. base at the block not. found exccessive play at the top bearing and its wearing on the pickup. new dist and quiet again!

I found the cause of the screeching vibrato. nothing to do with the oil filter. I started the engine this morning and it was screeching. so, I left it running. reached around to the filter to see if I could feel a frequency vibration. nothing at the oil filter but I bumped a plug wire and it was buzzing. so, I touched dist cap and it was like a heavy impedance transformer. dist body ... buzzing. base at the block not. found exccessive play at the top bearing and its wearing on the pickup. new dist and quiet again!

Glad you found it and got it fixed/replaced. Just couldn't imagine an oil filter doing that, but that's a lot of wear on a dizzy!

Glad you found it and got it fixed/replaced. Just couldn't imagine an oil filter doing that, but that's a lot of wear on a dizzy!

its the first time i have ever heard one buzz. especially while running so well. glad I had a new one in stock.

its the first time i have ever heard one buzz. especially while running so well. glad I had a new one in stock.