Bullnose Forums

460 Smog Delete and Oil Cooler Delete for a 78 Bronco Swap

Randomly ran across this video that shows a 460 in a 78-79 bronco rather well, same color scheme and all as mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ9eKhNT8pM

I might have room to keep the oil cooler possibly!! I will be keeping the factory exhaust manifold for sure, looks like finding the correct headers is not for those without deep pockets!

That sure makes it look like you can keep the cooler. And, it is a cool video. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sure makes it look like you can keep the cooler. And, it is a cool video. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yeah, especially the part about getting the seats upholstered. Totally would do it if I lived in San Antonio or Houston. I do have my plans though with regards to Bullnose upholstery. Much of the fabric is woven in South-east Asia, I am thinking of getting Dentside/Bullnose factory style fabric woven during my next trip to India. Sort of like what folks in Freewheelinbroncos.com have done

Yeah, especially the part about getting the seats upholstered. Totally would do it if I lived in San Antonio or Houston. I do have my plans though with regards to Bullnose upholstery. Much of the fabric is woven in South-east Asia, I am thinking of getting Dentside/Bullnose factory style fabric woven during my next trip to India. Sort of like what folks in Freewheelinbroncos.com have done

That would be wonderful! Go for it! :nabble_smiley_good:

Members here report good results from SMS Auto Interiors.

https://smsautofabrics.com/

Members here report good results from SMS Auto Interiors.

https://smsautofabrics.com/

I tried to get samples from SMS fabrics, they don’t have an exact match for the bullnose fabrics (or at least the ones I was interested in). Also the pricing was north of $150/yard which is crazy. I’m positive those can be obtained for $10/yard from A source :) :) my goal is to establish a source for bullnose and dentside needs only.

Can I ask what you do in South Asia?

I knew a young woman who designed fabrics and traveled the world getting them made.

Scotland for woolens, Bali for batiks, Italy for lace, etc...

Can I ask what you do in South Asia?

I knew a young woman who designed fabrics and traveled the world getting them made.

Scotland for woolens, Bali for batiks, Italy for lace, etc...

I've been here longer but that's where I'm from (Tamil Nadu in South India). Every 3-5 years or so I visit family still out there. My late-grandpa owned a Textile mill (mostly yarn manufacturing), and our factory space is still out there and been rented for the last 2 decades. We have an eviction situation that my dad has been struggling with for several years, the judicial system is all jacked up, so if and when I ever get that factory space back, I intend to setup manufacturing of some kind. Upholstery manufacturing seems like a nice idea but I know several people who have done just that for 2-3 generations. Be easier to buy from them... Maybe some bullnose parts :) :) Open to ideas and wishes!

I've been here longer but that's where I'm from (Tamil Nadu in South India). Every 3-5 years or so I visit family still out there. My late-grandpa owned a Textile mill (mostly yarn manufacturing), and our factory space is still out there and been rented for the last 2 decades. We have an eviction situation that my dad has been struggling with for several years, the judicial system is all jacked up, so if and when I ever get that factory space back, I intend to setup manufacturing of some kind. Upholstery manufacturing seems like a nice idea but I know several people who have done just that for 2-3 generations. Be easier to buy from them... Maybe some bullnose parts :) :) Open to ideas and wishes!

I didn't realize your family was in the textile industry. :nabble_anim_confused:

I do wish your father, and by extension you, the best in dealing with a bad situation

I didn't realize your family was in the textile industry. :nabble_anim_confused:

I do wish your father, and by extension you, the best in dealing with a bad situation

Thank you!!

The one regret my dad and I both have had was not getting the trade passed down. We both know nothing about Textiles (full disclosure!). In fact my dad is a retired CPA, and I'm in "engineering".