Bullnose Forums

81 F150 Tach Install

Raywilson

some. generally speaking, the aod is intended to shift into od around 45 mph in light/normal driving. and if you are not exceeding 55 and not on interstate often, then using the d setting is a good idea. some early indicators had a 3 as in third gear but it was dropped, and d was put in place as in that position, it will operate 1,2,3 just like any other 3 speed auto. the trans is not knowing what the indicator is telling the driver as it's just a hydraulic valve body and will do per the selector valve position it's in. it is also recommended to use the 3/d position when pulling a trailer or carrying a heavy load. engines with less hp or torque make this even more important as the trans will shift in and out of od more often as you push harder on the throttle, also pushing harder on the trans throttle valve.

Thank you for that excellent response! Helps a lot

Ray

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a slot but I think i'd need to drill another hole. I'll look tomorow. Blue Truck Parts actually responded to me tonight and had questions. They do make the product in house, in Portland, where I live. I'll post my successes or failures....

Ray

I'm glad to hear they're working with you to resolve your problem.

That says a lot.. :nabble_smiley_good: