Bullnose Forums

4,000 mile 1980 F350 4x4

My autistic eye for the incongruous asks "what's up with clearance lights on this truck?"

Isn't that an XLT thing, or part of some 'lighting group' option?

They were a separate option under the "Protection" option group. They could be had on pretty much everything except Broncos and maybe F100 although I don't see any exclusions listed in the brochure.

Still seems odd that it would be the ONE option this truck was ordered with.

It has the full gauge package rather than idiot lights, power brakes, power steering, 6.6 400 V8 (rather than the base 351M), western mirrors, snow plow prep package, and the high output heater.

All of those are options over a standard F350 if I recall correctly.

It has the full gauge package rather than idiot lights, power brakes, power steering, 6.6 400 V8 (rather than the base 351M), western mirrors, snow plow prep package, and the high output heater.

All of those are options over a standard F350 if I recall correctly.

I know nothing about 1980 trucks but I've definitely found the one person who is! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Please do me a favor and send me an email before I lose my mind

I know nothing about 1980 trucks but I've definitely found the one person who is! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Please do me a favor and send me an email before I lose my mind

I'm far from an expert; I just spent WAY too much time studying these trucks when I was younger and some of the info is still in the noggin. :nabble_smiley_good: