Bullnose Forums

460 starter issue

these are the parts that I have. in my looking for pics and info I have seen one 460 for sale that has the 90-degree oil filter adapter and what looked to be risers on the engine mounts. I have not seen that before. that's why I am asking. in regard to the engine mounts, is the 460 the same or similar to a 351m/400? I do have one of those I could measure.

They are probably L&L swap mounts and Windsor frame perches.

Do you have a pic?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are probably L&L swap mounts and Windsor frame perches.

Do you have a pic?

no, I do not have any pictures but that does sound plausible. I will look up l&l and see. it a direction to go at least. but this is a 7.5 chassis.

So, you need the mounts and heat shield Bill already showed...

actually no. I have the same parts that bill showed and are in decent condition. I just looked through the l&l catalog and these are not what I had seen, also not anything that we don't make. building hotrods and restomods we are always making parts and mounts. I know that I can true this alignment up but I would rather use a ford part if I just have something missing. as is often the case I am doing corrective work from who knows how many prior.

actually no. I have the same parts that bill showed and are in decent condition. I just looked through the l&l catalog and these are not what I had seen, also not anything that we don't make. building hotrods and restomods we are always making parts and mounts. I know that I can true this alignment up but I would rather use a ford part if I just have something missing. as is often the case I am doing corrective work from who knows how many prior.

Maybe swap mounts are the WTG?

They will definitely have the engine sitting higher, which would point the tranny down.

How did the fan center in the shroud, before you yanked the engine?

another example. it is a d1 block. a d9 flywheel. a missing separator plate. an oil filter access port torched through the "k" member.

she's a Beute Clark!

another example. it is a d1 block. a d9 flywheel. a missing separator plate. an oil filter access port torched through the "k" member.

she's a Beute Clark!

shroud?????

and the fan blade was facing forward. correct rotation yet cupped toward the rad.

she's a Beute Clark!

Well, you better hope there's a D9 crank in there and a pork chop behind the balancer!

Well, you better hope there's a D9 crank in there and a pork chop behind the balancer!

nice round balancer! and the bearings had a very unique "pressure point" style war pattern. this engine shook for a few reasons, and not just the two weak, and one dead cylinder. I am covering the bases to get this straightened out. the correct flywheel is a big part of that. four of the pistons dropped broken rings on the floor as soon as I slipped them from their bores. walls showed that a heavily rusted engine had been fired back to life and thrown in this truck for a quick sale. block is now .030 over. i should be picking it up this week.

nice round balancer! and the bearings had a very unique "pressure point" style war pattern. this engine shook for a few reasons, and not just the two weak, and one dead cylinder. I am covering the bases to get this straightened out. the correct flywheel is a big part of that. four of the pistons dropped broken rings on the floor as soon as I slipped them from their bores. walls showed that a heavily rusted engine had been fired back to life and thrown in this truck for a quick sale. block is now .030 over. i should be picking it up this week.

You're not a moron like the last guy. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I'm certain you'll make it right. 👍

If there's a way I can help, just LMK