Bullnose Forums

460 starter issue

If you've got no pump on either tank with the starter turning it's at the switch valve.

I assume this is the 5pin blade connector you mean.

Look at Pollak (or Standard who owns them) for the aftermarket valve pigtail I think you're talking about....

either tank is an interesting point. as I said it's a bit of a mess. the rear tank filler is folded up beneath the dump bed. there is a switch with three wires hanging out from underneath the dash. two black and one burned. as if they switched power to a ground. a bit more but you can see its going to take a little wiring. but first I have to install a 289 in a cougar to stay on schedule.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either tank is an interesting point. as I said it's a bit of a mess. the rear tank filler is folded up beneath the dump bed. there is a switch with three wires hanging out from underneath the dash. two black and one burned. as if they switched power to a ground. a bit more but you can see its going to take a little wiring. but first I have to install a 289 in a cougar to stay on schedule.

What year, the Cougar?

XR??

I had a buddy that was DEEP in the weeds with these back in the day.

Now he specializes in another 289 vehicle, the Sunbeam Tiger....

Can you see Get Smart?

What year, the Cougar?

XR??

I had a buddy that was DEEP in the weeds with these back in the day.

Now he specializes in another 289 vehicle, the Sunbeam Tiger....

Can you see Get Smart?

1967. a barn find brought to us to resurrect. engine with no valve covers or intake. engine locked. I've been on it for about five weeks. waiting on machine shop, sourcing parts etc.

now a sunbeam holds a special place. like a 289 cobra

1967. a barn find brought to us to resurrect. engine with no valve covers or intake. engine locked. I've been on it for about five weeks. waiting on machine shop, sourcing parts etc.

:nabble_smiley_beam:

Sounds like my "Happy Place"

You seem to have made a sweet little life for yourself there Mat. :nabble_smiley_good:

I wish you all the success in the world.

A Sunbeam Tiger? :nabble_smiley_oh:

A Sunbeam Tiger? :nabble_smiley_oh:

This surprises you?

They're an alpine with a 289 shoehorned in.

Bill would like this because it's exactly something Shelby would do.

Joe Chiapetta in Florida specializes in them exclusively.

He was the biggest Cougar freak back in the day.

This surprises you?

They're an alpine with a 289 shoehorned in.

Bill would like this because it's exactly something Shelby would do.

Joe Chiapetta in Florida specializes in them exclusively.

He was the biggest Cougar freak back in the day.

No, it doesn't surprise me that it was done. I'm well aware of that. But I've never actually seen one. That was the surprise.

No, it doesn't surprise me that it was done. I'm well aware of that. But I've never actually seen one. That was the surprise.

one of my trips to new England, ten years or more I pulled into a rest stop in pa I believe. and a survivor condition tiger pulled in beside me. seemingly under my excursion. ended up having a nice chat and he showed the car off as if he had done it three times a day for years. not hotrodded at all. faded paint, rusty manifolds. and a simple chrome air cleaner behind a points dist. just a driven car. perfect.