Bullnose Forums

460 starter issue

You're not a moron like the last guy. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I'm certain you'll make it right. 👍

If there's a way I can help, just LMK

very appreciated! I want to do this correctly. and I do not mind asking for advice or tips when outside my norm. and I don't mind sharing when I can help too.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one for a t19?

It could be done.

The only issue I see is the curved louver.

But, that could be cut on the rear and sides, then stitched on the fold.

This makes it easy to bend.

Then you weld up the little slots and it's crazy stiff.

It could be done.

The only issue I see is the curved louver.

But, that could be cut on the rear and sides, then stitched on the fold.

This makes it easy to bend.

Then you weld up the little slots and it's crazy stiff.

I have already designed in my head how to fab a lower cover and mate it to a flat plate in case I need to make one of adapt an auto plate. which is my real dilemma. how can I know if the starter is indexed the same on an auto vs the t19? cutting the starter hole is the most important part here. and I don't even have one as a template. I can loft out a blueprint/plan, but I still have an unknown. and it may just come down to precise measuring and good math. me like math.haha.

I have already designed in my head how to fab a lower cover and mate it to a flat plate in case I need to make one of adapt an auto plate. which is my real dilemma. how can I know if the starter is indexed the same on an auto vs the t19? cutting the starter hole is the most important part here. and I don't even have one as a template. I can loft out a blueprint/plan, but I still have an unknown. and it may just come down to precise measuring and good math. me like math.haha.

The auto and manual starters are in the same place (flywheel and ring gear are same diameter, plate # is the same for both)

Bill has one.

Maybe he can photo it on a grid, or better yet, put it on a piece of card stock and spray paint over it lightly. 👂

The auto and manual starters are in the same place (flywheel and ring gear are same diameter, plate # is the same for both)

Bill has one.

Maybe he can photo it on a grid, or better yet, put it on a piece of card stock and spray paint over it lightly. 👂

i can buy one from summit for a 460 but it is a flat one. I'm happy to go that route and just fab the lower add on "chin cover". I just hope to know before I buy. time saved along with gas saved gets real.