Bullnose Forums

Next issue Heater air flow

He's talking about the selector in the climate control panel.

So I will need to replace the first attached pic, climate control panel or the second attached pic, what I call the manifold, (the black and white part)? Either way, it's gonna be a booger.

of course, some pictures can be deceiving, and angles make that worse. but looking at the switch in the picture, the one with the switch with the clear vinyl manifold and vacuum lines. the amber plate which is snapped onto the black body of the switch looks bowed to me. very common over time and heat cycles. 140 interior temp is not unusual in the summer sun. not a diagnosis. but if you were to follow the vacuum line over in front of the glove box. there is a pair with a coupling about 8-10 inches from the firewall. this coupling can be carefully disconnected and with the engine started, tested for vacuum. only one will have vacuum as it supplies vacuum to the switch yet the other is coming from the switch to the fresh/recirculate

damper servo.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course, some pictures can be deceiving, and angles make that worse. but looking at the switch in the picture, the one with the switch with the clear vinyl manifold and vacuum lines. the amber plate which is snapped onto the black body of the switch looks bowed to me. very common over time and heat cycles. 140 interior temp is not unusual in the summer sun. not a diagnosis. but if you were to follow the vacuum line over in front of the glove box. there is a pair with a coupling about 8-10 inches from the firewall. this coupling can be carefully disconnected and with the engine started, tested for vacuum. only one will have vacuum as it supplies vacuum to the switch yet the other is coming from the switch to the fresh/recirculate

damper servo.

My fresh/recirculate damper servo, (the one in the engine compartment), operates correctly, so I have vacuum to it. I've only started reading the threads Jim sent but I have noticed several posts state their servos inside the cab are working. None of my servos inside the cab are working. I can operate them manually. I'll try to get the vac manifold with the clear hose connectors cleaned off and better photos of it. Don't know if this means anything but I notice the black plastic is not touching the white controller and the dirt has gaps?vac_manifold_1.thumb.jpg.737b189c513a4dcef1caa53287d3e6ce.jpgVac_manifold_2.thumb.jpg.c061e955a7e2a87c9f53fed38598824b.jpgConnector.thumb.jpg.f5c49ead26b599583c6eb87096466e6e.jpgFresh-recir_damper_servo.thumb.jpg.c6c0616501a8323909d0330ec82fe9d7.jpg

damper servo.

My fresh/recirculate damper servo, (the one in the engine compartment), operates correctly, so I have vacuum to it. I've only started reading the threads Jim sent but I have noticed several posts state their servos inside the cab are working. None of my servos inside the cab are working. I can operate them manually. I'll try to get the vac manifold with the clear hose connectors cleaned off and better photos of it. Don't know if this means anything but I notice the black plastic is not touching the white controller and the dirt has gaps?

i believe that you have narrowed the path. in the first picture it is very clear to see the amber colored plate has a crack about mid-way. this can be a vacuum leak.

i believe that you have narrowed the path. in the first picture it is very clear to see the amber colored plate has a crack about mid-way. this can be a vacuum leak.

Thanks Matt, I have a 12-volt auto vac with very small attachments. I'll get the panel out I'll get it cleaned up and see if it can be patched. More pics to come.

Thanks Matt, I have a 12-volt auto vac with very small attachments. I'll get the panel out I'll get it cleaned up and see if it can be patched. More pics to come.

We can't easily get methylene chloride any more, but this is an ideal solvent weld for cracks in most hard plastics.

(source: My father was director of engineering for multiple plastics companies throughout my childhood and I'm a geek for adhesive chemistries and material science)

We can't easily get methylene chloride any more, but this is an ideal solvent weld for cracks in most hard plastics.

(source: My father was director of engineering for multiple plastics companies throughout my childhood and I'm a geek for adhesive chemistries and material science)

I was thinkin' duct tape? LOL

I was thinkin' duct tape? LOL

How about crazy glue?

The gel kind so it doesn't wick inside and freeze up the switching parts.

I could tell you about optics and the discovery of Eastman 910, but I tend to get too tangential. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

How about crazy glue?

I could tell you about optics and the discovery of Eastman 910, but I tend to get too tangential. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'm thinkin' Flex Seal tape. I have used it around my shed in several spot and it works.

How about crazy glue?

I'm thinkin' Flex Seal tape. I have used it around my shed in several spot and it works.

Well, good luck! :nabble_smiley_good: