Bullnose Forums

PMGR starter

Good morning - I have a 1984 Flare Side with 302 (one owner me) I just recently change it over to a AOD automatic. I want to change it over to the PMGR style starter, so my question is what model and year and who to order from.

Thanks

Woodroe

First thing we would ask is that you go to the new members area and introduce yourself and where you are from and then I or someone else familiar with the PGMR starters will be very happy to help you.

A bit of information on your truck in your signature will always provide that in the future.

I did this 10 years ago with my truck. Just order a PMGR starter for a 92-96 F series with your engine and transmission. You'll need to take the large starter cable and put it on the battery side of the fender mounted starter solenoid, so the new starter solenoid has battery power at all times, and on the starter side of the fender mounted solenoid where the large wire originally was connected, you'll need to run a 14? AWG or larger wire down to the starter solenoid 12 volt energize/activate terminal. That's all there is to the swap.

I did this 10 years ago with my truck. Just order a PMGR starter for a 92-96 F series with your engine and transmission. You'll need to take the large starter cable and put it on the battery side of the fender mounted starter solenoid, so the new starter solenoid has battery power at all times, and on the starter side of the fender mounted solenoid where the large wire originally was connected, you'll need to run a 14? AWG or larger wire down to the starter solenoid 12 volt energize/activate terminal. That's all there is to the swap.

Ford trucks of this era had a Y shaped starter cable with the trigger wire built into it.

That would pretty much be the grail.

I think Rick, or someone, has this setup.

It's been a while, but I remember the photos.

Good morning - Hey thanks for the info. I just had shoulder surgery so it's going to be a while before I can

get to this .

Thanks,

Woodroe

Ford trucks of this era had a Y shaped starter cable with the trigger wire built into it.

That would pretty much be the grail.

I think Rick, or someone, has this setup.

It's been a while, but I remember the photos.

Jim you might be thinking of Darth.DSCN0034a.thumb.jpg.57b9e1d98849cbd173e987b4b8f4ead4.jpg