Bullnose Forums

Ford dual tank silliness

Yep! I think this will work perfectly, and be FAR more accurate than the factory setup. The way I'll do it, the reading on the gauge will correspond to an exact gallon amount in the tank. I did have to get a second meter match, as the tank are different sizes and shapes, therefore, the reading for 1/2, for example, will be a different place on each sender. I'm getting the new fuel lines tomorrow. I would have got them today, but the total balance of my 2 cards combined is $2.08. I've been going pretty much paycheck to paycheck, and this has been a pretty good expense. But tomorrow I get paid. :nabble_smiley_happy: Jim, I can't thank you enough for helping me out with this!

I'm not sure why you need both tanks to read in absolute gallons rather than just full-medium-empty, but I know enough not to ask questions...

I'm always glad if I can help someone else! :nabble_anim_jump:

My problem is that I care for others and not a bit about myself. :nabble_anim_crazy:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! I think this will work perfectly, and be FAR more accurate than the factory setup. The way I'll do it, the reading on the gauge will correspond to an exact gallon amount in the tank. I did have to get a second meter match, as the tank are different sizes and shapes, therefore, the reading for 1/2, for example, will be a different place on each sender. I'm getting the new fuel lines tomorrow. I would have got them today, but the total balance of my 2 cards combined is $2.08. I've been going pretty much paycheck to paycheck, and this has been a pretty good expense. But tomorrow I get paid. :nabble_smiley_happy: Jim, I can't thank you enough for helping me out with this!

Off to get the fuel lines! I'll have to order the manual valve(s).

Off to get the fuel lines! I'll have to order the manual valve(s).

Had to order. Will be in tomorrow. Also, I'm going to try to find a 10 gang relay box, for this project, and my switch panel thing "dropping from the ceiling", as Jeff would say. :nabble_smiley_happy: