Bullnose Forums

Ford dual tank silliness

Front unit is in and now the real fun begins: the harness. Truth be told, I enjoy making wiring harnesses. Most probably see it as tedious and boring, but to me it is peaceful, quiet, and difficult to hurt yourself while doing. (Unlike removing that 18 horse B & S. I still have a big scar from that.)

So, therapeutic? 🤔

Yeah, I like looming things too.

My dad taught me lacing way, waaaaay back.

I used to make up all the avionics and deployment harnii at my rocket club..... :nabble_smiley_cool:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, therapeutic? 🤔

Yeah, I like looming things too.

My dad taught me lacing way, waaaaay back.

I used to make up all the avionics and deployment harnii at my rocket club..... :nabble_smiley_cool:

I wouldn't say therapeutic, but it's something I can be artistic with. If you can see "art" in a bunch of wires. 🤣

I wouldn't say therapeutic, but it's something I can be artistic with. If you can see "art" in a bunch of wires. 🤣

It's a Zen thing for me.

I get into the moment, and it just happens...

I was on the board of my rocket club for well over a decade, and Range Safety Officer...

It was a fun, if incredibly expensive, hobby.

I think it'll be long enough, Bradley. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Looks good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks. I'll try to do a full write up on it in a dedicated thread, for anyone wanting to permanently fix this system. (Assuming it works). Senders are pretty accurate at the bottom end. Rear checked at 74 ohms, and front at 73.9. I should have measured the top end, but I forgot until they were already in the tanks. This setup SHOULD be bulletproof.

Thanks. I'll try to do a full write up on it in a dedicated thread, for anyone wanting to permanently fix this system. (Assuming it works). Senders are pretty accurate at the bottom end. Rear checked at 74 ohms, and front at 73.9. I should have measured the top end, but I forgot until they were already in the tanks. This setup SHOULD be bulletproof.

20240424_194427.jpg.3f5b08277b4e00f3065026c1acdad5ae.jpg

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig: the Metermatch allows your senders to talk to the display!

Yep! I think this will work perfectly, and be FAR more accurate than the factory setup. The way I'll do it, the reading on the gauge will correspond to an exact gallon amount in the tank. I did have to get a second meter match, as the tank are different sizes and shapes, therefore, the reading for 1/2, for example, will be a different place on each sender. I'm getting the new fuel lines tomorrow. I would have got them today, but the total balance of my 2 cards combined is $2.08. I've been going pretty much paycheck to paycheck, and this has been a pretty good expense. But tomorrow I get paid. :nabble_smiley_happy: Jim, I can't thank you enough for helping me out with this!

Yep! I think this will work perfectly, and be FAR more accurate than the factory setup. The way I'll do it, the reading on the gauge will correspond to an exact gallon amount in the tank. I did have to get a second meter match, as the tank are different sizes and shapes, therefore, the reading for 1/2, for example, will be a different place on each sender. I'm getting the new fuel lines tomorrow. I would have got them today, but the total balance of my 2 cards combined is $2.08. I've been going pretty much paycheck to paycheck, and this has been a pretty good expense. But tomorrow I get paid. :nabble_smiley_happy: Jim, I can't thank you enough for helping me out with this!

I went with a single MeterMatch, and even though the tanks are of completely different shapes the gauge is pretty accurate. They come off full within 15 miles, hit 1/2 @ about 125 - 130 miles, and have a couple of gallons left when they are fully on E.

But individual MeterMatches would be great 'cause you could really tune them. :nabble_smiley_good: