Bullnose Forums

Ford dual tank silliness

I'm sure you can find a forum with whatever behavior you like. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

We occasionally get the guy that really belongs on Pirate 4x4, and even had one that was banned from every truck forum I know of.

He eventually made himself persona non grata.... even here. 🙄

The worst of the worst is Yellow Bullet. I am NOT a member there.

Interested in your sender/gauge wiring, as I'm going to just wire the dash switch to the two senders, and run a manual valve (ala early Bronco) next to the seat, driver's side. The "KISS" principle, I guess, but the electric valve issue is such an issue that I want to make it a non-issue.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/1966-1977-Ford-Bronco-Mechanical-Tank-Switching-Valve/productinfo/10260/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzoeuBhDqARIsAMdH14HK6HRiU9w9W_e3RSzOoc02CEv7jpV5HNr9ji1VhdYBMrk6LmbdrMcaAmwUEALw_wcB

That is SO COOL! I had no idea they made this for an early Bronco.

That's nice! I might get 2 of those and mount them to the floorpan. Where did they go in a Bronco, originally?

Interested in your sender/gauge wiring, as I'm going to just wire the dash switch to the two senders, and run a manual valve (ala early Bronco) next to the seat, driver's side. The "KISS" principle, I guess, but the electric valve issue is such an issue that I want to make it a non-issue.

That's what I want to do eventually. The wiring I currently have will work with no modifications except removing the valves. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

That's nice! I might get 2 of those and mount them to the floorpan. Where did they go in a Bronco, originally?

In the front of the seat riser, right below the driver's seat.

This isn't a great picture. It's looking in the driver's door at the transfer case shift levers sticking up out of the side of the trans tunnel. The tank switching valve is the silver handle on the brass stem on the right side of the picture. Above that you're seeing the front of the driver's seat.

For what it's worth, it's a simple ball valve. You turn it 90° to go from one tank to the other. I think the stock valve had stops so it only turned 90°, but this replacement will turn a full 360°. If it's not pointed pretty close to one of the two selection points it shuts both tanks off. I suppose this could be used as a theft deterrent, but mostly it's been a way to make it run out of gas with two full tanks when I bump it with my foot. (that's only happened twice)

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n123296/DSC_3808.jpg