Bullnose Forums

Ford dual tank silliness

I'm not showing it any mercy! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I have a beef with touchscreens in a vehicle but this Altima is old enough that it still has tactile controls (buttons, levers & switches)

I wouldn't want a Tesla, for example.

But short of all the freaking modules that fail new cars are great.

A friend of mine was boasting about his Mach1 429 Mustang and I had to say that a bare bones 2023 Elantra would kick its ass by any metric.

He was not pleased... 😂

That's what I hate about them! They're fast! They make all the classics look bad. :nabble_smiley_angry:

That's what I hate about them! They're fast! They make all the classics look bad. :nabble_smiley_angry:

You "hate" that 40+ years of technological advancement has resulted in much better vehicles?

I think you're in the wrong line of work.

Maybe you should ask Mat for a job?

You "hate" that 40+ years of technological advancement has resulted in much better vehicles?

Well, define better. To me, better is simpler. I'd drive a Model A if I could.

I hate computer controls, lack of manual transmissions, check engine lights. Yes, you can still get a manual Mustang, but what about trucks? Ford hasn't produced a manual truck in almost 20 years. It's everything about them. The way they look. The way they feel. And besides, I just sell parts for them. I don't work on them! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Well, define better. To me, better is simpler. I'd drive a Model A if I could.

More efficient, more comfortable, FAR quicker and faster.

If you like bouncing along at 30mph with cold, rain or snow blowing on you be my guest!

If you like getting out to crank the engine to life and managing spark advance, etc while trying to navigate a busy road full of idiots, knock yourself out.

If you like bouncing along at 30mph with cold, rain or snow blowing on you be my guest!

If you like getting out to crank the engine to life and managing spark advance, etc while trying to navigate a busy road full of idiots, knock yourself out.

Well that's still better than walking 1.6 miles in the cold rain like I did yesterday just to get some coffee!

Why do you have an old truck then? :nabble_smiley_whistling: