Bullnose Forums

New dash pads: Made with original ford tooling in the USA

Found this by accident. I did a quick forum search, but did not see any topics or threads mentioning this company. If this is already posted somewhere under a dedicated vendor list, or has already been mentioned please just move it or disregard.

Supposedly this company has original Ford tooling that they use, AND they use the same vinyl that Ford did at the time. Not sure how accurate that is, but if the cost of them is indicative of the quality, then I presume that would be of interest to some of us here that have more of a purist/OEM mentality. Oh, and they are made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. I'll put a link to the website below.

https://dashesdirect.com/product/1980-1986-f-150250350-ford-original-tooling-dash-pad/

I guess you're supposed to paint the white on if yours is a different color? Thats a lot of money when they only offer black and white. Look pretty good, though.

Most of these dashes are black underneath. (at least my burgundy one is)

I guess white would be a better substrate for buckskin or spruce?

Most of these dashes are black underneath. (at least my burgundy one is)

I guess white would be a better substrate for buckskin or spruce?

Years ago I talked to those folks and discovered that you could buy their products from several of the dealers, like LMC and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, for less than from Dashes Direct. I don't know that it is still true, but I'd check before I spent that much.

As for the color, I've been surprised how well the SEM "paint" covers. I think it would cover black well, but if you are doing a light color I'd start with white anyway.

Years ago I talked to those folks and discovered that you could buy their products from several of the dealers, like LMC and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, for less than from Dashes Direct. I don't know that it is still true, but I'd check before I spent that much.

As for the color, I've been surprised how well the SEM "paint" covers. I think it would cover black well, but if you are doing a light color I'd start with white anyway.

If you click the listing and select a color, it shows everything as out of stock. A company that has access to the tooling should never be out of stock save for employment or raw material issues. Definitely a little strange to see.

I went the “black pad” painted way.

Not sure where I bought the replacement pad, I could find the info if required.

What I can say is, even well cleaned and prepared surface, the paint is still fragile and scratches easily, letting the black appears.

I sometimes have to touch up.

But I’m still overall satisfied.

If you click the listing and select a color, it shows everything as out of stock. A company that has access to the tooling should never be out of stock save for employment or raw material issues. Definitely a little strange to see.

I have looked a few times at lmc and npd and often out of stock is the most common. is there really a rush on these? at 500 plus? I have bought multiple trucks for less!