Bullnose Forums

Is there any interest in a Bullnose meet?

Just posing this question as a conversation starter and idea.

I belong to a motor club that has a couple acres and a clubhouse. If the interest is there, I'd consider hosting a 'Bullfest' of sorts.

There are hotels within 10 miles, and we have plenty of room to park a camper.

A fire pit, a pavilion, a byob bar (because of licensing and insurance) and full restaurant size kitchen so we could eat and shoot the breeze comfortably if it's crappy out.

We have hosted some decent sized events and public dinners as well as many chicken barbecues.

Just a thought.

For the others, you are in east-central PA, above Harrisburg. That might be a good spot to gather for the easterners of the forum, but I'll let them respond.

I know you are new to the forum, but we do have a show in September here in Skiatook, OK, which is just north of Tulsa. It is billed as an all-Ford truck show, but that's because we didn't have enough Bullnose trucks to warrant having a show just for them when we started.

You can read about last year's show in the 2023 Ford Truck Show Results thread, but we had members of the forum there, including Jeff Parent/Big Brother from Mt Tremblant, QC Canada & Larry Bolan/Ratdude747 from Madison, IN. But we had others from Colorado, Alabama, Kansas, & Missouri. And all in all we had 10 Bullnose trucks.

I'm not saying that to discourage other get togethers. Just pointing out the one in September that you, or others, may want to join.

I might actually be able to get to that. (Carlisle was a thing for me and I used to go launch rockets near Scranton) whereas Tulsa is a bit too far given my work demands and location in CT..

Even if it doesn't happen I'd still be glad to meetup with some members around here (the shop teacher in Newburgh, and the guy in Waterford with the light 250 for sure)

scheduling dependent of course but if it lined up with a trip, I'm already taking then I would certainly be willing. but still a good way from Winston Salem area.

OK is out of my reach for sure. I'd bet that was a good time.

I'll look at events throughout the season and see if a date is appropriate.

OK is out of my reach for sure. I'd bet that was a good time.

I'll look at events throughout the season and see if a date is appropriate.

I think that Skiatook show dates are always around mid-September. Gary can confirm that.

If so, I propose that an “East Bullnose Show” event should happen in spring time, to not spoil Gary’s Skiatook one.

Gary - Is it possible that Skiatook Truck Show is about to spawn a few Bull meetings offspring?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I think that Skiatook show dates are always around mid-September. Gary can confirm that.

If so, I propose that an “East Bullnose Show” event should happen in spring time, to not spoil Gary’s Skiatook one.

Gary - Is it possible that Skiatook Truck Show is about to spawn a few Bull meetings offspring?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

We take a vote.

It's used to be before labor day to minimize conflict with kids in school, etc

But I think last year was an exception, and IDK what will happen going forward.

We take a vote.

It's used to be before labor day to minimize conflict with kids in school, etc

But I think last year was an exception, and IDK what will happen going forward.

We did take a vote and we opted for some weekend after the Labor Day weekend. I chose two weeks after last year and we had a good turnout. So this year it'll probably be then as well, but I've not nailed it down quite yet.

It would be cool if there could be something for those of you on the east. Maybe I could fly in for it?

We did take a vote and we opted for some weekend after the Labor Day weekend. I chose two weeks after last year and we had a good turnout. So this year it'll probably be then as well, but I've not nailed it down quite yet.

It would be cool if there could be something for those of you on the east. Maybe I could fly in for it?

Only if you bring the brownies! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Harrisburg is pretty central to NY/CT/VT/MA and OH/KY/MD/VA

IDK much about where to have a meet but at least there's accomodations (as long as no conflict w/ Carlisle)