Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's HVAC Blower Issues

Euraspark? I don't recognize that term, but then it is a new year. So please refresh my memory.

As for the ground relay, I already have it, although it isn't wired quite right. So I just need to sort that out and I'll have the ground relay that will fix that voltage drop problem - and take a load off the switch itself.

I should have posted my cleaned up version of that schematic instead of the very busy one from the '85 EVTM. In any case, your comment about G106 clicked and now I see what Bill is saying - run Ckt 57 to the ground relay and use 87A to ground it. But then you'd lose the ground to the AC clutch when the blower is in high and the relay is picked. (I'm not sure Big Blue is wired that way but will check it out when I'm "in there".)

As for someone with only Low and it won't shut off, I've slept since then and don't remember that very clearly. But that would take two problems: The function switch would have to feed power even in the off position, and either the blower would have to be bad or G701 bad. Right?

But Rene's high-only problem could be due to a blown thermal limiter or a bad G106. Does that make sense?

Dollars to donuts he's popped the thermal fuse, unless someone left the wire off.

They are easily available for replacement in coffee makers and irons.

Show me 106 from the grounds page of the 85 EVTM.

1985-etm-page10.thumb.jpg.1ef72cbc13020322cf6d700963837920.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dollars to donuts he's popped the thermal fuse, unless someone left the wire off.

They are easily available for replacement in coffee makers and irons.

Show me 106 from the grounds page of the 85 EVTM.

Yes, I think it is the thermal limiter as well. And I told him so but he's not responded.

Good catch on G106. Had never gone looking for it. And it doesn't show in the 81 or 86 EVTM either. :nabble_anim_confused:

And how 'bout that G701 for the blower motor switch? It seems to be somewhat well used. Might be good to get a high-current device like the blower off of it.

1985-etm-page6.thumb.jpg.1333c2f36c61b05f8fe27e72d75c8adb.jpg

Euraspark? I don't recognize that term, but then it is a new year. So please refresh my memory

(A) I was in the truck. (B) On my phone.© Without my glasses. (D) It was early, before my 4th coffee. (E) all the above.

The schematic shows EEC & Duraspark.

You have extensively modified BB's harness, but I don't know (or care) exactly how.

I'll go look for the thread since it is germane, or this conversation is germane to IT....

Euraspark? I don't recognize that term, but then it is a new year. So please refresh my memory

(A) I was in the truck. (B) On my phone.© Without my glasses. (D) It was early, before my 4th coffee. (E) all the above.

The schematic shows EEC & Duraspark.

You have extensively modified BB's harness, but I don't know (or care) exactly how.

I'll go look for the thread since it is germane, or this conversation is germane to IT....

Now I see said the blind man. But 4 cuppas? You must be drinking low-test as my 2 cups of Starbucks "gets my motor running" so I can "head out on the highway".

I suppose I have EEC since I'm running the EEC-V system.

Now I see said the blind man. But 4 cuppas? You must be drinking low-test as my 2 cups of Starbucks "gets my motor running" so I can "head out on the highway".

I suppose I have EEC since I'm running the EEC-V system.

No, I'm a caffeine addict with high resistance.

I should literally just buy the powdered caffeine and sniff it to stay awake in the flatbed.

I meant of the 2 diagrams you posted which is closest to what's actually going on?

Alright, here's the thread. https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Heater-Air-Flow-is-always-low-tp143525.html

No, I'm a caffeine addict with high resistance.

I should literally just buy the powdered caffeine and sniff it to stay awake in the flatbed.

I meant of the 2 diagrams you posted which is closest to what's actually going on?

Alright, here's the thread. https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Heater-Air-Flow-is-always-low-tp143525.html

I now see why I didn't remember much of that thread as it was while I was traveling. You probably noticed that I was in and out and didn't have much contribution nor context.

But in the end he seems to have the fan on all the time, even in the OFF position. That would seem to say that he has a bad function switch. Or maybe the wrong function switch as there were some changes along the way. But it is supposed to be the function switch that gives the motor power or not.

As for the diagrams, I don't know which is the most accurate. But I hope to nail down exactly how it is wired, at least in that area, and document it as I work through this.

Janey and I've talked and we want to take the trip to SW Okiehoma in February, so I have time to tear into the PDB and get this sorted - and documented.

And how 'bout that G701 for the blower motor switch? It seems to be somewhat well used. Might be good to get a high-current device like the blower off of it.
G701 has almost everything in the harness tied to it.

The tank senders are at the rear, and brought up there.

That's why I made a dedicated ground from 701 and brought it to what would have been my EEC ground that's part of the - terminal of my battery clamp.

It was easy to run while I was getting power and relay for the tiny 8" sub under my seat.

G701 has almost everything in the harness tied to it.

The tank senders are at the rear, and brought up there.

That's why I made a dedicated ground from 701 and brought it to what would have been my EEC ground that's part of the - terminal of my battery clamp.

It was easy to run while I was getting power and relay for the tiny 8" sub under my seat.

I've not changed G701 or added another ground to it, but I did ensure it is making good electrical contact with the cab. And I have made absolutely sure that the cab is well and truly grounded to the battery. But it wouldn't hurt to add a jumper from it to another grounding point. :nabble_smiley_good:

We've had doctor's appointments yesterday and today, so I've done nothing on this. But I hope to get started tomorrow.

I've not changed G701 or added another ground to it, but I did ensure it is making good electrical contact with the cab. And I have made absolutely sure that the cab is well and truly grounded to the battery. But it wouldn't hurt to add a jumper from it to another grounding point. :nabble_smiley_good:

We've had doctor's appointments yesterday and today, so I've done nothing on this. But I hope to get started tomorrow.

I've seen your grounding scheme and have to say it's a far sight better than stock! :nabble_smiley_good:

You could probably add a jumper from 701 to any of your added cab grounds.

I have to remain conscious of the braided strap between the pinch* weld below my driver's floor and the left cab support getting corroded.

I'm just pointing out what I've done, and how it improved the blower situation in my truck.

(I have a new screen protector and it's VERY FRUSTRATING 😖)