Bullnose Forums

Factory Locking Hubs

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated!!

Red knobs are definitely OEM Ford. They were built by Warn, but are different from the current ones that Warn sells.

Early Ford had red knobs and were 7/8 turn. Next generation had red knobs and were 1/4 turn. The last series used through '96 had black knobs and only used 3 screws to hold the caps on instead of 6.

I don't know what year each was introduced, but as assemblies all years are interchangeable.

Red knobs are definitely OEM Ford. They were built by Warn, but are different from the current ones that Warn sells.

Early Ford had red knobs and were 7/8 turn. Next generation had red knobs and were 1/4 turn. The last series used through '96 had black knobs and only used 3 screws to hold the caps on instead of 6.

I don't know what year each was introduced, but as assemblies all years are interchangeable.

Bob, I have the premium Warns also. New truck to me this winter so I finally had to lock the front end. My old cold fingers didn't like it. I remembered they used to have some handles for the lockouts. Found this one and have it ordered.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1412375487/4-x-4-manual-locking-hub-tool-warn-dana?click_key=07bfabeca0232e7944108e65ffe915675eddf28d%3A1412375487&click_sum=bff080d5&external=1&rec_type=cs&ref=pla_similar_listing_top-5

Bob, I have the premium Warns also. New truck to me this winter so I finally had to lock the front end. My old cold fingers didn't like it. I remembered they used to have some handles for the lockouts. Found this one and have it ordered.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1412375487/4-x-4-manual-locking-hub-tool-warn-dana?click_key=07bfabeca0232e7944108e65ffe915675eddf28d%3A1412375487&click_sum=bff080d5&external=1&rec_type=cs&ref=pla_similar_listing_top-5

I've known of those, but I don't think I'm going to get them. While it's not EASY to grip and turn the hubs, it's not that hard. And I probably wouldn't bother to dig the handle out, so I might as well not have it. But it would definitely make it easier!

I've known of those, but I don't think I'm going to get them. While it's not EASY to grip and turn the hubs, it's not that hard. And I probably wouldn't bother to dig the handle out, so I might as well not have it. But it would definitely make it easier!

I have warn premiums on the 150.

I like the look of the super winches and found some NOS on eBay so they are on the Bronco. Both work well.

I've considered making something like a spud wrench to turn the knobs when it's bitter and my hands don't work, but I always have my tiny Channelocks and just slip them open.

I don't care a bit about appearance and I'm not going to ever read the brass knobs.

I'm really surprised that there's a market for a niche item like that, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. :nabble_smiley_good: