Bullnose Forums

Carb Flooding

Darn good info Jim. CJ

I have my moments....:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I see that all the 300 EGR's are kinda offset.

I need to find one of those with a bleed down, and a good number for an inline vacuum valve like on my truck.

(but I no longer have ANY ewissions equipment, so I gotta go digging)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my moments....:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I see that all the 300 EGR's are kinda offset.

I need to find one of those with a bleed down, and a good number for an inline vacuum valve like on my truck.

(but I no longer have ANY ewissions equipment, so I gotta go digging)

The FTE thread says egr need cats to work, I have none. Were cats used before egr’s or vice-versa or what? Am I chasing a unicorn ? CJ

EGR needs some back pressure to work....

Do you have a muffler on your truck, CJ?

yes, the egr needs a pressure differential. in the natural environment of an internal combustion engine, you will have both intake vacuum and exhaust pressure. either of these will induce egr flow. higher vacuum, greater exhaust pressure will induce the most of course. there is a fine line between starving the combustion of fuel and oxygen vs being totally ineffective. these are calibrated as part of the designed tune even if a little generalized for mass production. egr is NOT needed for an engine to run or even run great but it can reduce stresses inside the engine to extend its life.

yes, the egr needs a pressure differential. in the natural environment of an internal combustion engine, you will have both intake vacuum and exhaust pressure. either of these will induce egr flow. higher vacuum, greater exhaust pressure will induce the most of course. there is a fine line between starving the combustion of fuel and oxygen vs being totally ineffective. these are calibrated as part of the designed tune even if a little generalized for mass production. egr is NOT needed for an engine to run or even run great but it can reduce stresses inside the engine to extend its life.

It definitely allows more advance, which generally= performance -&- economy.

(The title of a great Vizard book!)

Thanks Matt, see post to Jim. CJ

Thanks Matt, canister? As in muffler? CJ

CJ, I think the trick is choosing one of the 5 different EGR valves to work with the tune of your aftermarket carburetor.

I don't have any info on which ones flow what amount of exhaust ..

Maybe Bill or Gary has some insight???