Bullnose Forums

Carb Flooding

85 F150 SB Carb 4.9 How to install gauge to check fuel pressure? New fuel pump, supposed to be correct fuel pressure. EGR valve installed. Installed 2, 1/4” spacers between carb and EGR valve. Single gasket between carb and Intake. CJ

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just deadhead a Fuel pressure gauge at the carburetor connection and start the truck with the fuel left in the float bowl

Jim, you busted my bubble, I was going to reinvent the wheel with hoses and fittings. I just reached a milestone on Dec 24, 83 yrs OLD….. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! So, do I have the gaskets correct? Thanks Jim. CJ

Jim, you busted my bubble, I was going to reinvent the wheel with hoses and fittings. I just reached a milestone on Dec 24, 83 yrs OLD….. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! So, do I have the gaskets correct? Thanks Jim. CJ

Happy Birthday CJ!

Congratulations, that IS quite a milestone :nabble_anim_handshake:

I will look closer at the gaskets. BRB....:nabble_smiley_super:

Okay, here's an exploded view with the 9447 gaskets on either side of the EGR plate under the carb.

Thanks for the wishes Jim and the help. Does 9a589 represent spacer or EGR ? Doesn’t look like my EGR. So I don’t need the 2 1/4” gaskets at carb? CJ

Thanks for the wishes Jim and the help. Does 9a589 represent spacer or EGR ? Doesn’t look like my EGR. So I don’t need the 2 1/4” gaskets at carb? CJ

9a589 is a generic part# for the spacer under the carb. (these sketches are deliberately universal)

I can look for the specific part for your truck in a bit (I know Gary is busy)

But right now I'm collecting a wreck on the side of a highway.. 😄

9a589 is a generic part# for the spacer under the carb. (these sketches are deliberately universal)

This might take a while.🙄

I have to get her back over the guardrail... 🙃

Thanks Jim, good luck with the wreck. CJ