Bullnose Forums

Which Favicon?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I see my favicon has changed to the BW image.

It threw me for a minute....

Too small for me to note what is being shown on my phone.

Yes, it has shown up on my tablet as well. So now I have the two side by side and it is far easier to pick out the brown bull's nose that it is the barely-recognizable front end outline. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Yes, it has shown up on my tablet as well. So now I have the two side by side and it is far easier to pick out the brown bull's nose that it is the barely-recognizable front end outline. :nabble_smiley_sad:

We are still tied in voting, but I put it back to the bull for the moment. It'll take a few days to make its way through to show up, but I think it is the one we want.

We are still tied in voting, but I put it back to the bull for the moment. It'll take a few days to make its way through to show up, but I think it is the one we want.

Gary, I lwas thinking about a B&W favicon colorization.

Maybe two-tones blue, I thought?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

But I realized that we won't see a lot of colors on a Bullnose front picture, 32x32...

:nabble_smiley_blush:

Big_Blur_Favicon.jpeg.912d1743f0c81985eb8955ea51f7bebe.jpeg

Big_Blur_Favicon-32.jpeg.c0b8c6cd9db835572aeb864150948d46.jpeg

Gary, I lwas thinking about a B&W favicon colorization.

Maybe two-tones blue, I thought?

:nabble_smiley_wink:

But I realized that we won't see a lot of colors on a Bullnose front picture, 32x32...

:nabble_smiley_blush:

Jeff - That's looks like Big Blue, albeit w/o the winch and bumper. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

But, as you pointed out, you don't see much color from straight on. Maybe if it was Big Bro's red, but I doubt even then that there'd be much color to see.

Given the small size of the favicon, even on a fairly large screen like this tablet, it is hard to pick up the outline. The snag below shows what I'm seeing, with the brown bullnose being much easier to distinguish than the outline.

There's just no way to put enough colour in the outline to make much difference.

Favicon_Comparo.jpg.33af260a8c74c7653a33043b406cf042.jpg

Jeff - That's looks like Big Blue, albeit w/o the winch and bumper. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

But, as you pointed out, you don't see much color from straight on. Maybe if it was Big Bro's red, but I doubt even then that there'd be much color to see.

Given the small size of the favicon, even on a fairly large screen like this tablet, it is hard to pick up the outline. The snag below shows what I'm seeing, with the brown bullnose being much easier to distinguish than the outline.

There's just no way to put enough colour in the outline to make much difference.

I was thinking Favicon must be some sort of conference where people go dressed up as Superheros or Star Trek characters or something and hadn't taken the time to look at this thread yet.

Now that I have looked and see that Favicon is completely different from Comicon, I still haven't bothered voting, because I don't really have an opinion, other than I'm accused of being change-averse, so any time a question like this comes up I tend to lean toward sticking with what's already there.

I was thinking Favicon must be some sort of conference where people go dressed up as Superheros or Star Trek characters or something and hadn't taken the time to look at this thread yet.

Now that I have looked and see that Favicon is completely different from Comicon, I still haven't bothered voting, because I don't really have an opinion, other than I'm accused of being change-averse, so any time a question like this comes up I tend to lean toward sticking with what's already there.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: That's funny!

As for change, I tend to cause it, so am not averse. But in this case I think the change I proposed isn't a good one. :nabble_smiley_blush:

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: That's funny!

As for change, I tend to cause it, so am not averse. But in this case I think the change I proposed isn't a good one. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I see the 'ring' favicon is back this morning. :nabble_smiley_good:

No more headscratching about which tabs the forum is open on.

I see the 'ring' favicon is back this morning. :nabble_smiley_good:

No more headscratching about which tabs the forum is open on.

I put it back several days ago but it takes awhile to percolate through the various systems. Its been back on Chrome on this tablet for a day or two.