Bullnose Test Forum

Vacuum help

Paulco

I recently took my valve covers off to replace the gaskets and took a picture before removing any wires and hoses etc. But there is one I cannot find a home for and it's red so I believe it's the main vacuum line. Can anyone help locate where this should be connected? I have highlighted the hose with red arrows.

vacuum.jpg.665263c7a40bd4845070e6f9a43b280b.jpg

Red tube denotes a source of manifold vacuum.

It appears to be spliced with some rubber hose.

Have you looked at the vacuum routing diagram sticker on the radiator support?

Do you have the factory air cleaner (that uses a thermally controlled diverter in the snorkel?)

I do have the factory air cleaner with the diveter.

Does anyone have two red lines coming off the main vac line?

If you can still read it there should be a number on the diagram for the emission system number, it will be on the order of 2-5XX-R0 through 2-5XX-R12 unless it is a CA spec, then it will be 2-54P-R0 through 2-54P-R11. High Altitude will be 2-54X-R1 or R10. On the High Altitude manual transmission there is only one diagram and I do not have a number for it.

The number also appeared on the front part of the driver's side valve cover.

I have the diagrams, but they are not in color.

Does anyone have two red lines coming off the main vac line?

I've never seen twinned lines but from the diagram it does appear that you have a pair of red lines coming off the manifold tree at the front of the intake, with one going (through a Vacuum Restriction and the Cold Weather Modulator) to the air cleaner Diverter Valve, and the other going to the A.I.R. pump ByPass Valve...

(edit for clarity/pedantry)

If you can still read it there should be a number on the diagram for the emission system number, it will be on the order of 2-5XX-R0 through 2-5XX-R12 unless it is a CA spec, then it will be 2-54P-R0 through 2-54P-R11. High Altitude will be 2-54X-R1 or R10. On the High Altitude manual transmission there is only one diagram and I do not have a number for it.

The number also appeared on the front part of the driver's side valve cover.

I have the diagrams, but they are not in color.

Not sure I saw the numbers you are referring too. Here is the other side of the sticker on the front.

IMG_4136.jpeg.77c754a4932fb951c3b902736e472d4b.jpeg