Bullnose Forums

I'm not sure what an original Torker intake is. Thought that was an Edelbrock name.

Going by the engine picture in the ad, the carburetor is on an angle. That would be an old Edelbrock Torker 289 intake manifold. As far as I know, that intake has been out of production for decades. It was replaced by the Torker II.

s-l1600.jpg.ba3e3721aaf6168ff55bd90ae6fc962c.jpg

I'm not sure what an original Torker intake is. Thought that was an Edelbrock name.

Going by the engine picture in the ad, the carburetor is on an angle. That would be an old Edelbrock Torker 289 intake manifold. As far as I know, that intake has been out of production for decades. It was replaced by the Torker II.

Not the right carb for a truck as, despite the name, it doesn't make torque down low.

Oh OK, thanks Cory. They're talking about an original Torker then.

Oh OK, thanks Cory. They're talking about an original Torker then.

I dont know about Ford but IIRC AMC Torker had AMC cast into it making it a factory part.

It might have been done to meet racing spec of how many had to be sold to be used in a class race?

Kind of like NHRA and the SS class had to have the manf. part numbers on the motor parts as per the rules.

I ran a Torker on my AMC 304 & 360 drag motors and liked it.

Dave ----

I dont know about Ford but IIRC AMC Torker had AMC cast into it making it a factory part.

It might have been done to meet racing spec of how many had to be sold to be used in a class race?

Kind of like NHRA and the SS class had to have the manf. part numbers on the motor parts as per the rules.

I ran a Torker on my AMC 304 & 360 drag motors and liked it.

Dave ----

thirty years ago, I made the mistake of buying a torker 2 for a sbc in a nova with the typical 350/th350. falls flat on tip in until about 2500rpm when it seemed to come alive. I ran it for a while two staging my take offs but that was a losing game. sold it and went to the classic performer and power was much more reliable.

I noticed that in the pics, but I thought the carb just wasn't bolted down. I had no idea that anyone ever made an intake with the carb angled like that. Wonder if it had something to do with the angles of the intake ports maybe?