Bullnose Forums

Day 1 with my 1Honey

Clutch47

Today was the day.

After yesterday's smashing success with rectifying the concrete brake pedal dilemma, 1Honey went out for her first legit legal drive despite the brutal exhaust tone.

55 down the road like nobody's business.

I'm getting to know this truck more every day and I have yet to be let down.

I think the biggest challenge thus far has been breaking the top long alternator bolt loose without breaking it.

But here we are. 15 miles later all smiles.

Yippee!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

That is such a GOOD feeling! Well done!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n143603/20231217_135750.jpgA friend sent me a FBMP ad, and a few days later it was in my driveway.

I painted the kitchen cabinets in my old house this color. 😁

Screenshot_2024-02-11-23-37-14-990.jpeg.d7874253bf900ab86c609fe1c761283b.jpeg

Gary knows I have an artistic eye.

I pegged a typeface for his father's aircleaner (except for the "r"). 😉

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1291332-dads-air-cleaner-6.html#post15045474

Screenshot_2024-02-16-12-30-32-686.jpeg.b0df5b5e29bf295c75e2076e6a24acc6.jpeg

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n143603/20231217_135750.jpgA friend sent me a FBMP ad, and a few days later it was in my driveway.

Yep, very true. :nabble_smiley_good:

I suppose the biggest internal debate I've been going back and forth about is repainting the outside after full bodywork and finishing with the original color either with base clear or single stage, or doing some repair work and giving it a good coat of one of the patina preservers out there.

What to do what to do...

My dilemma comes not from treating the truck disrespectfully, as I'm just a bit too much of a purist for that..🤣🙄

But

From the after paint job blues.

Anyone that has done full paint and loved it, then suffered through the first mark, chip, scrape, and ding totally understand what I'm getting at.

I don't want this to turn I to a garage queen.

I suppose the biggest internal debate I've been going back and forth about is repainting the outside after full bodywork and finishing with the original color either with base clear or single stage, or doing some repair work and giving it a good coat of one of the patina preservers out there.

What to do what to do...

My dilemma comes not from treating the truck disrespectfully, as I'm just a bit too much of a purist for that..🤣🙄

But

Anyone that has done full paint and loved it, then suffered through the first mark, chip, scrape, and ding totally understand what I'm getting at.

This is why I painted my truck with a $50 gallon of Rustoleum OSHA Safety Red and a $15 gun from Horrid Fate! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

What to do what to do...

But

Exactly why Big Blue has flaking clearcoat on the hood, badly faded dark blue on the sides, and Bondo showing in the cab corners. I don't want a trailer/garage queen, and if it was pristine then I'd have one 'cause I don't like to tear things up.

Dad's truck will be too nice to tear up, so that can be my trailer queen.

Exactly why Big Blue has flaking clearcoat on the hood, badly faded dark blue on the sides, and Bondo showing in the cab corners. I don't want a trailer/garage queen, and if it was pristine then I'd have one 'cause I don't like to tear things up.

Dad's truck will be too nice to tear up, so that can be my trailer queen.

At least you have options!

I'm stuck in front wheel drive. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

At least you have options!

I'm stuck in front wheel drive. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Everything you guys have written is exactly why I'm leaning toward trying out the "Horrid Fate" (🤣🤣🤣🤣) approach.

A friend painted his Lincoln with a roller and black house paint years ago. It lasted about a year until it shag rugged itself over a 100° weekend while he was away.

Came home to the brown shaggy car and the dumb and dumber jokes began.

Everything you guys have written is exactly why I'm leaning toward trying out the "Horrid Fate" (🤣🤣🤣🤣) approach.

A friend painted his Lincoln with a roller and black house paint years ago. It lasted about a year until it shag rugged itself over a 100° weekend while he was away.

Came home to the brown shaggy car and the dumb and dumber jokes began.

Consider an alkyd catalyst/hardener.

You can get Cerrokote (ben moore, a BH company) or Valspar at Tractor Supply.

A UV resistant clear coat would be optimal.

But that's a big step in terms of time and money.

Consider an alkyd catalyst/hardener.

You can get Cerrokote (ben moore, a BH company) or Valspar at Tractor Supply.

A UV resistant clear coat would be optimal.

But that's a big step in terms of time and money.

I'm not suggesting that I'd go for the Behr shaggy rug effect or the housepaint job for my 1Honey... 🤣 just thought ya'll might get a laugh. I know I'm still laughing about it.

If anything I might give painting a try myself. I've got the patience, so WTH right?

Likely a few years down the road though.

The more I see these different patina products the more I appreciate just wiping it on.