Bullnose Forums

Day 1 with my 1Honey

Clutch47

the best option is certainly to get an entire cluster with a tach. the tach delete clusters do not have the portion about of the ribbon sheet on the back and the ribbon for the tach flexes up and onto the raised area where the tach mounts. they are certainly getting harder to find though. I too prefer the stock look to the add on aftermarket but ii would still use an aftermarket one in many cases. it's very simple to install your original speedo if you want to as its only cable driven.

If able to find a nice tach with no chance to grab a good cluster, Bronco Graveyard is selling new replacement flex ribbons.

And lens too! But presently these latter are out of stock (without tripo)…

Did you ever have one of those great days you just can't explain?

1Honey has been plagued with superhard brake pedal feel since she arrived to the herd.

So today I started at the brake booster.

Loosened nuts and bolts and with a bright light, took a good look around.

Nothing out of place.

Brake rod to pedal arm under the dash just like it should be. Put it back together and proceeded to pull each wheel off.

Some air pressure to get dust out of the way and nada.

Shoes and pads are fine. Inspectable.

Nothing out of place.

Fully expecting to pull it off the lift two footing the pedal, get in...hit the key...

Brakes are magically delicious.

Can't explain it but I'll take it.

She likes me.

1Honey has been plagued with superhard brake pedal feel since she arrived to the herd.

Nothing out of place.

Brake rod to pedal arm under the dash just like it should be. Put it back together and proceeded to pull each wheel off.

Nothing out of place.

Fully expecting to pull it off the lift two footing the pedal, get in...hit the key...

She likes me.

You don't have to explain how you did it, just be glad that you did. (However, I always worry that if I don't know how I did it then when it comes back I can't do it again.) Anyway, congrat's!

Nothing out of place.

Nothing out of place.

She likes me.

I've always said "I'll take it!" That's great!

Today was the day.

After yesterday's smashing success with rectifying the concrete brake pedal dilemma, 1Honey went out for her first legit legal drive despite the brutal exhaust tone.

55 down the road like nobody's business.

I'm getting to know this truck more every day and I have yet to be let down.

I think the biggest challenge thus far has been breaking the top long alternator bolt loose without breaking it.

But here we are. 15 miles later all smiles.

Today was the day.

After yesterday's smashing success with rectifying the concrete brake pedal dilemma, 1Honey went out for her first legit legal drive despite the brutal exhaust tone.

55 down the road like nobody's business.

I'm getting to know this truck more every day and I have yet to be let down.

I think the biggest challenge thus far has been breaking the top long alternator bolt loose without breaking it.

But here we are. 15 miles later all smiles.

WoooHooo! :nabble_anim_jump:

That's AWESOME

Congratulations!

You get why some of us (most of US, actually...) Love working on these trucks. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You joined on Christmas day. Now, well less than two months later you're actually driving your old blue truck.