Bullnose Forums

Day 1 with my 1Honey

Clutch47

getting it moving is the easy part. control and braking are where it starts to get you in trouble. I have been pushed around a few times by a surprisingly small or an oddly loaded trailer and it can happen very easily. I get picky about how I load a trailer. and my double axle has trailer brakes and I have moved a few cars and trucks without using the trailer brakes but it is on my list.

Agreed.

My trailer has brakes that work well because I have experienced that same thing before.

Not looking to get hurt.

Just want to get home for dinner.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to add a tach to my dash instruments.

Any of you fine Ford people have one to sell me?

When I take this dash out in the spring, I'd like to have everything I need. For what I'm doing with this truck, I'd rather the stock appearance in lieu of aftermarket stuff everywhere. That irritates me.. my age is showing I guess. 🤣

20231227_170539.jpg.da019aeea4e58b32c360faa25e79e489.jpg

Sideways pictures irritate me too...

Looking to add a tach to my dash instruments.

Any of you fine Ford people have one to sell me?

When I take this dash out in the spring, I'd like to have everything I need. For what I'm doing with this truck, I'd rather the stock appearance in lieu of aftermarket stuff everywhere. That irritates me.. my age is showing I guess. 🤣

Sideways pictures irritate me too...

To be really plug 'n play you want the flex circuit behind the cluster as well.

If you're not afraid of a little wiring you can make something up that connects to the green tach wire coming from the coil.

Six cylinder and 8 cylinder ground differently to be able to use one tach part number for the different number of sparks per revolution.

To be really plug 'n play you want the flex circuit behind the cluster as well.

If you're not afraid of a little wiring you can make something up that connects to the green tach wire coming from the coil.

Six cylinder and 8 cylinder ground differently to be able to use one tach part number for the different number of sparks per revolution.

I'm pretty familiar and not concerned with wiring. I'd definitely want to buy a stock tach with a printed circuit to go with it and I could wire into the plug.

I'm pretty familiar and not concerned with wiring. I'd definitely want to buy a stock tach with a printed circuit to go with it and I could wire into the plug.

The big plug has the wire already in it.

There is no difference in cab harnesses.

If you get the flex everything goes right in.

Just remember about the ground screw.

The big plug has the wire already in it.

There is no difference in cab harnesses.

If you get the flex everything goes right in.

Just remember about the ground screw.

Jim is it possible that some clusters already have the right flex? I don't remember that I had to modify the cluster in order to add a tach in Big Brother.

I don't think that a non-tach cluster would come with a tach flex, but the tach wire is definitely to the plug.

I certainly haven't seen everything, but I also recall telling you that your truck definitely had a clutch switch and you know what you ultimately discovered about Big Brother....

Maybe Gary has the documentation or Mryl remembers from his decades at the part counter.

I am only familiar with what I've seen, not an authority or guru.

I don't think that a non-tach cluster would come with a tach flex, but the tach wire is definitely to the plug.

I certainly haven't seen everything, but I also recall telling you that your truck definitely had a clutch switch and you know what you ultimately discovered about Big Brother....

Maybe Gary has the documentation or Mryl remembers from his decades at the part counter.

I am only familiar with what I've seen, not an authority or guru.

I'm not an authority either. But I have seen a cluster w/o a tach having the right printed circuit for a tach. So anything is possible.

However, if I were to buy a tach I'd get one with the right printed circuit or buy a whole cluster.

I'm not an authority either. But I have seen a cluster w/o a tach having the right printed circuit for a tach. So anything is possible.

However, if I were to buy a tach I'd get one with the right printed circuit or buy a whole cluster.

That may be what I have to do.

We shall see.

That may be what I have to do.

We shall see.

the best option is certainly to get an entire cluster with a tach. the tach delete clusters do not have the portion about of the ribbon sheet on the back and the ribbon for the tach flexes up and onto the raised area where the tach mounts. they are certainly getting harder to find though. I too prefer the stock look to the add on aftermarket but ii would still use an aftermarket one in many cases. it's very simple to install your original speedo if you want to as its only cable driven.