Bullnose Forums

Can tow hooks or shackles be installed on an 85 F-150?

CDLong

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K,kThis is what I’m going to do. Just another idea. CJ

CJ, I know you're a bit out of your depth with 'confusers' and I'm right there with you!

But, I want to point out that there are now companies that will take a plan (digital version of your sketch) and cut them out with a laser/plasma/water jet then press brake them, and ship within hours in many cases.

I know that -Send, Cut, Send- now offers bends along with their cut service, but I don't know the thickness limitations.

There's dozens of online job shops with brokers like Xometry as well.

You may have the abilities to make all those neat cuts.

I'm just pointing out options available through this 'newfangled information superhighway' :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

CJ, I know you're a bit out of your depth with 'confusers' and I'm right there with you!

But, I want to point out that there are now companies that will take a plan (digital version of your sketch) and cut them out with a laser/plasma/water jet then press brake them, and ship within hours in many cases.

I know that -Send, Cut, Send- now offers bends along with their cut service, but I don't know the thickness limitations.

There's dozens of online job shops with brokers like Xometry as well.

You may have the abilities to make all those neat cuts.

I'm just pointing out options available through this 'newfangled information superhighway' :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Jim, the KISS principle is in use for guys using their “wife’s truck budget”. Send,cut, send was good info but are you just trying to keep everyone from your rocks and zip ties? :nabble_smiley_thinking: CJ

K,khttps://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n147409/IMG_0124.jpegThis is what I’m going to do. Just another idea. CJ

Please post some pics when you're done.

CD, will do, it might be awhile. CJ

Jim, the KISS principle is in use for guys using their “wife’s truck budget”. Send,cut, send was good info but are you just trying to keep everyone from your rocks and zip ties? :nabble_smiley_thinking: CJ

I'm all for beating something with a femur*! (Insert Kubrick's eponymous opening scene)

Sometimes, clicking a single button and having it appear on your doorstep is the stupidest thing you can do! :nabble_smiley_teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n146923/tow.png

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n146923/07894F77-E2D6-49CF-BA06-14923F205B0F.jpeg

Been meaning to grab a pic for a week now but here’s factory tow hooks on my 78 Bronco, sorry it’s a dentside, but I’d imagine the bullnose tow hooks are in a similar spot.

In the Ford parts and illustration guide the tow hooks for the 80-86 F150 trucks are in fact the same one as the 1970s hook, they have a part number of D9TZ-17A954-A for the RH one and D9TZ-17A955-A for the LH.

I have both of these numbers on a saved search on ebay to hopefully snag them for my '82 F150, they werent equipped on 2wd trucks though as per the Part and Illustration guide but the holes they use appear to be the same as the front cross member that bolts in that sits under the radiator. I had planned on bolting them atop that plate if I ever found a set. Also thought about fabricating a spring to fit up under the bolts to create a clasp the rope/strap up since the hook faces downward.