Bullnose Forums

Merry Christmas!!!

Gary Lewis

Christmas is usually pretty low key for me. (no wife, kids, pets)

I'm not in 'the toe' right now.

Dog+house-sitting for my brother in East Haven while he's visiting family in NC this week.

Well that's a good gig! I've been in CT many times, but I really never did get to see too much of it if that makes any sense. I used to visit a plant in Shelton a few times a year with a previous employer, and always drove up from Newark. Passed through on I-84 several times on motorcycle trips down south.

I think Gary and I discussed this previously, but you guys don't call today "Boxing Day", do you? I guess it's a holdover from Canada being a British Colony, like some other things (we say Zed, while you say Zee lol).

I call it Boxing Day, but my autistic mind has it's affectations :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Like I prefer a U in colour, or many other things that make me 'weird' here..,

Shelton pretty much surrounds the Sikorsky plant in Stratford.

There was always a lot of contract manufacturing in that area.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call it Boxing Day, but my autistic mind has it's affectations :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Is "Boxing Day" still common in New England, or is it just you? haha.

I remember a couple of the plant employees in Shelton tell me that they used to work for Sikorsky. The Sikorsky S-92's are used here for traveling to the offshore oil & gas platforms. I've been on them many times. It's weird...they're as big as a city bus, and very stable, so you don't really feel any motion, in any direction, up, down, or forward.

Is "Boxing Day" still common in New England, or is it just you? haha.

I remember a couple of the plant employees in Shelton tell me that they used to work for Sikorsky. The Sikorsky S-92's are used here for traveling to the offshore oil & gas platforms. I've been on them many times. It's weird...they're as big as a city bus, and very stable, so you don't really feel any motion, in any direction, up, down, or forward.

Boxing day is my godmother's birthday, so there has been a tradition of gift exchange on the 26th.

Being in the toe we're more of the NYC metro than what most would think of as New England.

A stable and safe craft with good cargo capacity sounds like exactly the thing you want for offshore operations.

I remember you saying how you had to go through water rescue/escape training.

Sikorsky was sold to LocMart in 2015.

Before that it was a part of United Technologies Corporation. A huge military contractor, headquartered in Farmington.

Included: Sikorsky, Pratt & Whitney, Norden, Carrier, Hamilton Sundstrand, Otis and a fuel cell division that was spun out of P&W back in the late 50's to service NASA's need for long term power in space.

UTC merged with Raytheon not long ago.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n143539/MERRY_CHRISTMAS-W.jpg

Big Bro, Christine and I are wishing a very Merry Christmas to all our forum friends!

Love this truck in it's Christmas decor! Late to the scene here, but hoping all had a blessed and wonderful Christmas! God's blessing for all of you in the new year!